Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Experience

Hi,
    I finally decided to register on the forum and share what has become a regular experience for me. Bear in mind I am finding it difficult to describe in words what I actually “feel” (if that is even the right word).

I have only started a Chi Kung Course with Sifu Joan Browne, and have currently just attended the sixth class of twelve on a beginner’s Chi Kung Course.

After the third week, while doing “Looking Back at the Moon” and going into my Chi Flow the following happened to me:
    My arms slowly rose up to my chest level with my palms facing my chest, I stayed like this without feeling any pressure as if my arms were weightless, after some minutes (I cannot estimate the time because it did not matter to me during it, if that makes sense) a tingling sensation developed in my hands at first and then enveloped my arms, torso, head and then I became aware that my whole body felt as I described to my Sifu like that of the “Michelin Man” (now I better describe myself to you I am 64Kg and about 5’9’’ ) my whole body felt/became like a large cylinder with my arms and legs like columns if I were to put a size maybe about three feet in diameter I can’t really say. I could feel a flowing everywhere in my body.
    Lets just say that my arms felt like poles with steel balls as my hands, this sensation/energy was absolutely fantastic and yet even though my arms were in front of my chest they felt extremely heavy yet supported from underneath. I stayed like this for some time until my arms slowly dropped down to my sides still having a sensation of what Sifu Joan said was “Expansion”, I brought my attention back to my Dan Tian (is that the right spelling) and did my facial massage etc.

The experience was fabulous and I felt fabulous afterwards, even sitting down later I could feel my pulse in every part of my body I just felt extremely energetic.

I tried later on to stand with my arms up in front of me to discover that it is very tiring even after a couple of minutes.

The following couple of days of practise I discovered that if I wanted to experience the sensation I couldn’t, probably not relaxing completely, however, after not wanting to experience it intentionally the sesnsation occurred. I just listen to my breathing and let what happens, happen.

I have previous training in Taekwondo, Karate, Chi Kung and Tai Chi, however, the Chi Kung and Tai Chi I have done were no more than aerobic exercise compared to the Shaolin Chi Kung as they rarely mentioned/emphasised the energy development.

Not that I am putting down my previous studies of Tai Chi or Chi Kung just that what has been happening to me, one could not put a price on it.
    Further to this is that my life both at home and in work has been changing subtly for the better, I am getting more done, in better temperament and have more energy, and this is only in a few short weeks.

Please excuse the length of this post but it has been difficult for me to put down in words what has been happening to me, even after reading back over the post I don’t think I have explained/described it properly.
    I have posted to share this experience with you and to get any feedback or comments, I’d love to know what you think.
    Regards,
    Dave.
    Regards,
    Dave

Reflect upon your present blessings - of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
    Charles Dickens

Dave

Congratulations on your experience - after things like that its impossible to entertain any idea that Shaolin Cosmos is anything other than the 'real deal'. Your previous MA experience will also give you the knowledge that 'real deal' is rare'. You also have a great Sifu (who will be pleased that you posted I am sure - she gets great results but for some curious reason the Irish contingent aren't loquacious on the forum ).

So keep up the good work!

Don't get too attached to the experiences, expect them or recreate them. Experiences will keep 'coming and going' some more amazing some mundane. The thing though that will block progress more effectively than anything else is holding onto experiences, expecting them, or trying to recreate them. Such an attitude introduces tension and doubt into the mind which is antithetical to relaxation (and progress).

Anyway that being said there is a whole forum section here for relating experiences so I look forward to hearing all the ones that arise as a result of having 'let go' of this one

Welcome to the forum.

Kind regards.

Mike
    "If you realised how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought." Peace Pilgrim.

Comment

Originally posted by DTebroc
      I don’t think I have explained/described it properly
      Hi Dave,

I think you have described it very well, I had no problems following your description and I'm sure that many people on the forum will be able to directly relate to what you have experienced.

Congratulations on your experience, I am sure that your previous practice has helped your progression within Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung (in fact, when I was reading your post I thought "So what else has he done") and with the benefit and teachings of Joan Sije, I'm sure that you will continue to benefit greatly along with everyone attending the course.

Welcome to the forum, now let go of the experience and carry on with your practice. As you have already discovered, trying to duplicate something spontaneous is not a good use of time .

Comment

Dear Dave,

Welcome to the forum and mile bhuiochas for posting Hope that it will be the first of many --- experiences and posts.

I consider myself very very blessed to have been given the opportunity in this lifetime of meeting a Grandmaster with such generosity and knowledge as Sifu. He literally gave me back my life, but a far superior one The likelihood of a little country girl from Ireland meeting such a renowned Grandmaster must be pretty low Life has many twists and turns. Mile Bhuiochas Sifu.

It is a pleasure to have you in my class Dave and continued success in your practice.

Smile from the Heart
        Joan.
        Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
        GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
        ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
        THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies so quick Mike B and Darryl, advice taken onboard and appreciated much the same advice as given by Sifu Joan in fact.

Its' not that I was skeptical when I started the course I think it was the fact that something looking so simple (not that it is!) can have such effects is what's astounding.

Co-incidence is funny, I had stopped training two years ago, due to intense academic studies, completed the studies (successfully) at the end of last year when I developed a stress related infection (due to same studies) weakening my system, only recovered early this year and was looking for something to strengthen my system. When I noticed a newspaper advertisement of a course by Sifu Wong to be held in Dublin and contacted Sifu Joan who told me she would be beginning a course this september, here I am, much happier and delighted I have found something that as Mike B said seems to be the Real Deal. Well all I know is subtle changes have begun in my life which I will not regret.
          Regards,
          Dave

Reflect upon your present blessings - of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
          Charles Dickens

Comment

Originally posted by DTebroc
            I think it was the fact that something looking so simple (not that it is!) can have such effects is what's astounding.
            Yeh right we have all had that thought/experience. I think maybe it is just after simply astounding!

Mike

ps is it a long way to Tipperary?
            "If you realised how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought." Peace Pilgrim.

Comment

Congratulations Dave and thanks for posting. Great to have some more activity from the Emerald Isle.

As Darryl has already noted, your experience is extremely clearly written and makes perfect sense also to me. Congratulations also for having found Joan and for following her teaching so well. I very much look forward to hearing of your further progress and experiences.

Andrew
              Sifu Andrew Barnett
              Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
              Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
              Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Sifu Joan!
                Go raibh míle maith agat, táim an a áthas ar fad!
                Great to hear from you and looking forward to next Monday night, your smile from the heart comment has made my day and weekend, although you probably knew that! (you could say "when Irish eyes are smiling")

Thanks to you too Andrew, great to get some encouragement to post and delighted to have found Sifu Joan to instruct me in what is a wonderful new way of life for me. Thank you Sifu Joan.

Slán go fóil
                Last edited by DTebroc; 12 November 2004, 04:04 PM. Reason: Change wahnamCh to Andrew
                Regards,
                Dave

Charles Dickens

Comment

A (belated) welcome from me too.
                  Sifu Anthony Korahais
                  www.FlowingZen.com
                  (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

He literally gave me back my life, but a far superior one The likelihood of a little country girl from Ireland meeting such a renowned Grandmaster must be pretty low
                    It's funny. I come from New York City, but I feel the same way.
                    Sifu Anthony Korahais
                    www.FlowingZen.com
                    (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Hi Dave,
                      This is Vince from the class. Thanks for the great post.
                      The look on your face when you had the experience was priceless, you were beaming .
                      We are really lucky that Sifu and Joan Sije are teaching this wonderful art in Ireland.
                      Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Vince

Comment

Vince,
                        How are things buddy?
                        Looking forward to seeing you in class again soon,
                        Slán tamail
                        Regards,
                        Dave

Charles Dickens

Comment

Hi Dave,
                          Unfortunately I broke my leg playing soccer so I won't be in the class for about another month.
                          I am doing fine and just taking it easy.
                          Chi kung is helping speed up my recovery so I won't be on the sidelines for that long .

All the best,
                          Vince

Comment

Unfortunately I broke my leg playing soccer so I won't be in the class for about another month
                            I wish you all the best fro recovering!

I am sorry for questioning, but: Is it the Vince I have met in Sungai Petani this March for a Gong Fu Course? The Vince who was looking so nice into the camera while performing simultaneously a very elegant Black Tiger

Respectfully

Roland
                            "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
                            Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Hi Roland,
                              Sorry, different Vince.

Nice to meet you and thanks for your well wishes.

Best wishes,
                              Vince

Comment

Working...
                              X