Some amazing changes in my eyes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some amazing changes in my eyes!

So I visited the eye doctor this morning and I got some really great news about my myopia (near-sightedness). My left eye improved from -4.75 to -3.25 and my right improved from -4.50 to -4.0. The doctor said that eyesight stabilizing and improving in adulthood is normal but I'm still really surprised and a bit confused.

In 2019, I started doing the eight Shaolin Eye Exercises and did them daily without fail for about eight months. I really felt like my eyes didn't change much, so I gave up on the daily exercises and only performed them when I felt eye fatigue. (Maybe I should have gone to the eye doctor earlier to confirm. I guess some changes are so small you might not notice.) Anyways, I decided I would continue with the daily Qigong practice and if my eyesight improved, I would pick the eye practices back up. Well, it looks like I might need to! So happy to see a positive change in my eyes. Previous to this I had one of the strongest eye prescriptions in my family.

Anyone else see a big change like this after doing the eye exercises?

Dear Maylic,

Congratulations on your success. Keep up the practice!

One of my students, aged around 70, practiced the Eight Shaolin Eye Exercises every day and got an official confirmation by his eye doctor that he no longer needs to wear spectacles when driving a car.

The (seasoned) doctor told him that he had heared about such improvements, but had never experienced them himself. What a pity, that he wasn't even interested in what my student had done to achieve this...

Best wishes,

Leo
    Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Wahnam Wien Logo

Shaolin Wahnam Wien
    Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
    Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan

Shaolin Wahnam Wien on facebook
    Shaolin Wahnam Wien on YouTube

Comment

That's where I hope to be someday. It would be amazing to not need corrective eyewear. I could finally go get some non-prescription sunglasses

Comment

This is a great result. There is a "but", though, for spectacle wearers.

To get the best results, you should avoid wearing spectacles (or only use ones which are too weak). Why? Because the brain gets used to seeing a sharper picture and becomes intolerant of anything less. This is counter-productive to eye improvement. By avoiding spectacles, you encourage the eyes to work harder to achieve what the brain expects.

Having said that, "safety first" should never be neglected. In other words, do not take any risks, which may be caused by poorer vision.
        Sifu Andrew Barnett
        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Chi Kung Courses: May 2019 in Landquart CH
        QEA Discussion Forum: www.qea.ch/forum

Comment

P.S. A lot of opticians tend to over-correct or at least 100% correct the vision impairment with spectacles. This can also make the eyes lazy. In my opinion, the best opticians under-correct to encourage the eyes to work at their best and avoid ever-increasing corrections.
          Sifu Andrew Barnett
          Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
          Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
          Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Chi Kung Courses: May 2019 in Landquart CH
          QEA Discussion Forum: www.qea.ch/forum

Comment

Congratulations Maylic,

This is great news. I had a similar experience, having worn glasses from the age of 12 on. I briefly practiced the Eight Eye Exercises. Several years ago, I went to the eye doctor to get news glasses. I didn't actually feel like I needed them and wasn't wearing them regularly at that point, I just had money in a medical spending account that I had to either use or lose.

Unfortunately, he told me I didn't need glasses. But I got him to sell me sunglasses frames with non-prescription lenses, so I got to spend the money anyway!
            有志著事竟成

Shaolin Wahnam Twin Cities

Genuine Shaolin Kungfu and Qigong in Minnesota
            https://www.shaolinwahnamtc.com/

Comment

Working...
            X