Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your most extraordinary (or funny) chi flow experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your most extraordinary (or funny) chi flow experience?

Hi everyone!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a collection of chi flow experiences?
    • So, what was your / or were your most extraordinary experience(s) during chi flow?
    • Any spontaneous break-throughs?
    • Any pleasant sensations or feelings?
    • Any movements or noises you wouldn't have thought possible to make, if it wasn't during chi flow?
    • Any stories about unusal places or encounters with people wondering what you're doing?
    Looking forward to your reports!

Best wishes,

Leo
    Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Wahnam Wien Logo

Shaolin Wahnam Wien
    Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
    Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan

Shaolin Wahnam Wien on facebook
    Shaolin Wahnam Wien on YouTube

This is a very fun idea! Thank you for starting this thread, dear Sisookgung.

I remember that there was a lot of spinning around during my first years of practice. For instance, standing up I would perform something like a pirouette but with both arms fully extended and both legs on the ground. Interestingly, I did not feel dizzy at all after this kind of Chi Flow, albeit the speed was sometimes astonishing.

​​​​​​​I also recall clearly that after learning Sinew Metamorphosis from my Sifu, I was thrown to the ground and just kept spinning there through the entire big gym we were training in.

Needless to say, I felt wonderful afterwards.

Looking forward to hearing more from my family members!

In gratitude,
    ​​​​​​​Steffen
    May all beings be happy

Thank you.

Comment

Dear Sifu Leo, Friends and Family,

well 'superlatives' are not my case. I've stopped 'actively training' with the school (until I feel like doing it again) around 2,5 years ago. After some weeks my intuition told me to stop chi gung practice, and I myself personally follow and trust my intuition, although I guess it's understood that I don't suggest this as an example.

Now, my energy flow - that I had felt after around 6 months training with the school anyway permanently all of the time - still got stronger and stronger. After some weeks, 2 years and 2 months ago, exactly at the end of my last working day before Christmas holidays, I've got all symptoms of a flue, tiredness, pains, headache etc., but my respiratory tracts all free at the same time; slept for 3 days mostly, when I got up I lighted a cigarette and I could not feel any effect anymore form the nicotine, and did not like the taste and smell anymore, I could not/did not like to smoke it. Had tried some more times, but it did not help, I was and am a non-smoker since then. Still got 2 packs of ziggies at home, but they are no temptation at all. So, went from a happy smoker, smoking 1-1.5 packs a day to non-smoker within 3 days of resting. A colleague told me, he has read that such symptoms almost like a flue can happen when people stop smoking, because I never got sick since I had started 'Chi Gung'.

More interesting for me, and I would appreciate your input or comment on this one: I had, also during times when I was practicing 'formally' (for me anything can function as chi gung practice, but i need none for Chi flow) that there were Energy flows and fluctuations during the day. Like, clearly remember I often when I was sitting outside my favorite restaurant near the street after work, doing nothing, that there were strong chi flows, and they did not seem to be directly related just to my state of being relaxed.

Now, around 5-6 months after I had stopped training with the school and with my 'chi gung practice', there was a time where for weeks every night at 3 o'clock in the morning, I woke up just lying there and there were very strong chi flows that kept me from sleeping, my body was shaking while lying down, and it went on every night for 1-2 hours straight. Even at courses they'd be considered strong chi flows. This phase lasted around 8-10 weeks, as far as I remember.

Does anybody have an idea about where these energy flows / fluctuations come from. They feel like energy fluctuations in a sort of 'energy field' to me (with which I mean external), but could not have any relation to 'formal' practice, because they also occurred in the phase where I did not.

In the new year 2020 it had felt okay for me, to start chi gung practice again, and I went back to 10-15 mins Chi Gung practice once a day, doing exercises from 18 Lohan Hands. It now feels more natural and integrated now, the chi flows started relatively strong, as if I had not stopped for two years inbetween (as mentioned, this is relative however, as the chi flow is always quite noticeable for me and everyday activities do the same as chi gung in terms of energy flow; once trained baroque dance for 6 months and it was the same during the dance lessons sort of). Also, that my favorite exercise, that I had always done as last one in each practice session (and do again) generated (and generates) the most energy from start again (rotating knees).

But does anybody have a view on these energy flows that happen at some day times without any visible relation to anything?

Thank you very much, with Kung Fu salute,

Michael
      Last edited by MichaelS; 25th February 2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

There are a few that stand out in my mind.

There was a period when every qi flow would result in standing at horse stance and doing something similar to merry-go-round, except the arms would fly around wildly and beat me quite soundly in the torso

The other amusing ones tended to happen in courses with Sifu. In the 2016 St. Pete courses, I was flung to the floor and my leg flew straight up and then kicked out to the side. Towards another attendee, but luckily I was far enough that it was only close.

Then, in the 2018 St. Pete courses, I started jumping quite high and made quite a noise, as we were on an upper floor. It was fun though, so I kept going.

In regard to Michael's question, in my experience, there are certainly fluctuations in the surrounding energy field, especially between different places and times. They can be quite large differences, and very noticeable if you are sensitive to energy, but don't have enough of your own to drown it out.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your interesting experience, guys.

Keep them coming, everyone!

As for the sudden fluctuations you mentioned, Michael... it's not easy to tell why they happened. Like Alex mentioned, it might be the environment. Or it might just be energy that was stored during your practice now pushing through and clearing a blockage.
          Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Wahnam Wien Logo

Shaolin Wahnam Wien
          Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
          Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
          Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan

Comment

Dear Sifu Leo,
            Dear Alex,

thank you very much for your answers, also for sharing your experiences.

The mentioned cases of chi flow's 'just happening' were not through 'stored' energy. This in the night started for weeks exactly at 3 am and I'm living on the shores of a lake. At that time I was sleeping with my feed to the lake and the energy clearly did flow in from the feed, through the whole body, and out at the head. Even though I was relaxing into it, my body would shake. Lasted 1-2 hours. I was not tired in the morning.

It is interesting how different people understand the same 'instructions' in different ways and each 'follows instructions' in his understanding. How much this shapes the experience is not known or discussed further in my view.

My understanding of 'generating an energy flow' for example was always taking this as a metaphor or way of speaking. Not in the sense, as I or Chi Gung practicioners would be something like a motor. Or took it as an 'explanation principle' in the sense of Gregory Bateson, where an 'explanation principle never really explains anything, esp. not the how it's happening'. Like 'Life on this planet came into existence through evolution' or 'life was created by god' are explanation principles, but don't explain how it happened, neither how the evolution happened, nor how a god created it.

So, energy flowing in and out, was always a standard experience for me and I'd have strong energy flows. But static or condensed energy was not my thing, but I could experience it with people in the school that had a stronger focus on 'the static'.

Or, I've never got overtraining or similar, even though I took 13 courses with the grandmaster within 2 years (counting for expl. a complete UK summer camp as 1 of the 13 etc., and beside normal training alone, in classes, private lessons, and a few courses of senior instructors). Others call this a sure fire recipe for overtraining. But in the line of my instructors and instructors they befriend overtraining does not happen as such. I've could also drink alcohol without problem, even at intensive courses with the Grandmaster at Lunchbreak. Some say, that's a no go, one could not stand that sort of. During a private training with a senior instructor we had 5 pints during 5 hours training, we felt good and energized afterwards.

'Storing energy- at the dan dien' also I took more as a metaphor or explanation principle. I perceived it more like a circulation or exchange of energy like breathing (not the storing, but the energy management). Suppose that those learning earlier with the force method in kung fu, would have more storage experiences. I've never contemplated it, but why would you need to store energy 'in the body' when the whole universe or cosmos consists of energy (even though this storing energy does happen)? Or, is the tan tien as energy center, in case of storage, storing it in the body at the place of the tan tien? Is the body really physical? Is there an energetic body? I'm not saying something is wrong, something else right, or asking for concrete answers, nor do I actively contemplate this. But going by 'metaphors' (in my understanding) that have been passed down, and I'd recommend this also, and not contemplating it, does not mean, there aren't more levels to it, guess.

Thank you very much, with Kung Fu Salute,

Michael
            Last edited by MichaelS; 4th March 2020, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Dear Michael,

The mentioned cases of chi flow's 'just happening' were not through 'stored' energy. This in the night started for weeks exactly at 3 am and I'm living on the shores of a lake. At that time I was sleeping with my feed to the lake and the energy clearly did flow in from the feed, through the whole body, and out at the head. Even though I was relaxing into it, my body would shake. Lasted 1-2 hours. I was not tired in the morning.
              Seems like you found your answer to your original question yourself already.

Call it chi, prana or electromagnetic frequencies. Energy is always flowing through us and working on us, whether we practice or not. Therefore, especially as you say you have strong energy flow all the time, energy might push through blockages or charge your body also, when lying in bed or doing something else. 3 AM is the time of lung energy, so it might have been connected to your lung system.

I've never contemplated it, but why would you need to store energy 'in the body' when the whole universe or cosmos consists of energy (even though this storing energy does happen)?
              Because your body currently lives in the dualistic world of Samsara.

In the transcendental dimension of Cosmic Reality, there is no body, no form, no thought, no you. Everything just is (energy).

Or, is the tan tien as energy center, in case of storage, storing it in the body at the place of the tan tien?
              Yes.

I agree that the Dantian is not like a safe with no key. I imagine and experience it to be more like a multi-dimensional roundabout, where energy is entering and leaving all the time. Nevertheless, it is a growing place where a lot of energy is focussed. Like a roundabout that’s growing, while lots of cars enter and leave in all directions. Even if it’s not static, we would agree that there is a lot of cars/energy meeting there.

Through consistent practice the Dantian grows and might set energy free in times of relaxation. Also, the energy in your whole body and meridian system increases. That’s what I meant with “stored” energy from your practice.

Is the body really physical?
              Yes and no. You experience it as having physical form and others can see your body too. Being built from Jing, or “sub-atomic particles”, as Sifu calls it, the material making up your body consists of energy.

Best wishes,

Leo
              Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Wahnam Wien Logo

Shaolin Wahnam Wien
              Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
              Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
              Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan

Comment

I want to share with our family members the chi flow experience i had today. I said the word '****' many times. Never thought that swearwords could occur during chi flow. Afterwards i felt happy, relaxed and that i am a great person.

all the best
                Bernhard
                "No matter what you do, you must be clear in your conscience." - Sitaigung Ho
                "Goodness begets goodness." - Sigung

Comment

Working...
                X