Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleansing?

Hi all,

I have been training all 5 sections of Iron Wire daily since the course in Las Vegas. That's about 2 months of daily training so far.

I'm beginning to feel the force generated from Iron Wire flowing deeper into my muscles and body.

However, last week, I began to fear many things that didn't used to bother me. As a result of the (sometimes profound) fear, I now worry for no reason.

Is this a form of cleansing? If it is cleansing, I haven't experienced any physical symptoms of illness. But I also haven't heard of many people cleansing their fears on the Wahnam forum either.

Perhaps I should cut down my training a little bit?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Stephen

Hi Stephen,

What you are describing sounds like intense cleansing. Iron Wire is very powerful so too little is better than too much.

I don't practice the Iron Wire myself, so I am not sure of all of the subtleties of it's effects. I recommend that you contact - by PM or email or phone - one of the U.S. instructors to talk over exactly what has been happening with your practice.

Emotional cleansing is normal and happens from time to time, but if you are experiencing profound fears or worries then it is best to have your practice looked at, or at the very least talk to a certified Instructor about it.

To be on the safe side, I would stop your practice aside from Chi Kung and gentle chi flow for a few days till you get the chance to speak to one of the U.S. team.

Wishing you well,
    Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
    Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
    Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
    - ancient wisdom

Comment

Hi Sifu Andy,

Thank you very much for your advice.

I have spoken with my instructor Sifu Eugene about this. I've also started this thread to possibly help others who practice powerful exercises like Iron Wire deal with such cleansing symptoms.

Iron Wire is indeed very powerful. Instructors and students on this forum have commented previously on how Iron Wire produces dramatic cleansing, but mostly on a physical level. When I didn't feel physical symptoms of cleansing or illness, I continued to train daily.

After speaking with Sifu Eugene, I realized that:

1. Iron Wire is powerful

2. Cleansing occurs on all levels, not just physical.

3. I haven't been going into vigorous chi flow during my sessions.

My chi flow after each Iron Wire session would often be pleasant and gentle, which in hindsight emphasized building up a lot of energy. The built up force would push against my existing blockages, aggravating and bringing my symptoms to the surface.

Interestingly enough, I continue to feel a lot of force building in my back . The force seems to penetrate into my back and bring up the fear I am currently experiencing.

There were some issues that I totally forgot about from years ago that just came up one day out of the blue. With those unpleasant memories came the fear.

As Sifu Eugene mentioned, this is just rust and dust from the past. His advice was to practice a lot of vigorous chi flow via less powerful methods like Lifting the Sky, Carrying the Moon and Pushing Mountains.

If you are reading this, thank you Sifu Eugene for the advice.

I hope others who attended the Iron Wire/Bone Marrow class can benefit from this thread if they do go through cleansing.

Best wishes,
      Stephen

Comment

Hi Stephen,

It is indeed a very useful topic to cover, and thanks for bringing it to the attention of the forum readership.

Your Sifu has given you perfect advice for the situation.

I said 'gentle chi flow' in my earlier post, but vigorous or self-manifested chi flow as Sifu Eugene has prescribed is better for flushing out the rust and dust

Once these blockages are cleared you are going to be feeling pretty good

Best,
        Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
        Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:

- ancient wisdom

Comment

Hi Stephen

I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one -I've had a couple of other people who have been practicing Iron-Wire regularly since Vegas tell me of major cleansing they are hitting. Congratulations on the transformation you are going through, and congratulations in advance on finding your own sustainable pace through it!

I had similar cleansing after practicing the Triple Stretch for some time. The Tiger seems to prefer stalking and attacking fear in a characteristically ferocious and not so gentle way
          Chris Didyk
          Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

Hi Stephen, thanks for posting this question.

I have been experiencing similar but less severe symptoms since coming back from the Small and Big Universe course a month ago. In my case I have been feeling significantly more anxious and worried rather than fearful. My chi flows have also been less vigorous whether practicing dynamic patterns or Small/Big Universe.

I have previously had periods like this in the past and they passed, so I felt comfortable that this too was nothing to worry about given the increased energy. I sought advice from my Sigume Fleur who echoed the advice given.

In fact every course with Sigung for me has resulted in significant emotional, mental and spiritual cleansing to a greater or lesser degree, depending on the course.

Thanks again for the post and enjoy your practice!

Matt
            With love and Shaolin salute /o

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose & give your whole heart and soul to it." - Buddha

Gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. Sifu Andy I do hope to feel better very soon. This morning's vigorous chi flow sessions actually worked wonders today!

Hi Siheng Chris, I hope all has been well with you! I concur that Iron Wire is very powerful and transforming. It really brings the inner tiger and courage out of you. But I guess for that to happen, one's insecurities and fears would have to be purged first.

This warrior energy from Iron Wire is very similar to the energy of goddess Mahakali. I used to chant her mantras as personal spiritual practices and it brought about similar effects (though less chi flowing).

Another aspect of the tiger is that Iron Wire has made my fingernails (tiger claws) grow incredibly fast. It's amusing yet slightly annoying to have to cut my nails so often now.

Hi Matt - thank you for sharing your experience. Do you think that the less vigorous chi flow has to do with the fact that we already cleared all the minor physical blockages? Perhaps the smoother chi flow is a natural progression into a higher level of spiritual nurturing.

Best wishes,
              Stephen

Comment

It's already been answered by others, but I'll just add in that a good friend of mine had lived her whole life with lots of anxiety and fear, and naturally when she started chi kung it became more pronounced while it was being cleansed until she began to feel fear-free for the first time in her life.

Best wishes,

Andrew
                Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

This very useful thread popped up at the bottom of this thread.

"Stages of Cleansing"

Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Great link, Andrew.

Thanks for adding it to the discussion.
                    Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
                    Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:

- ancient wisdom

Comment

Thank you Andrew. I remembered reading about that in Sigung's Q&A but couldn't find it afterwards.

Best wishes,
                      Stephen

Comment

Iron Wire Experiences - Cleansing

Hello Everyone,

After attending the Legacy of Bodhidharma course in Las Vegas in November 2012 course I've been having noticeable cleansing.

If I did 1 section of the Iron Wire set more than once a week, I would have noticeable cleansing. I would be easily mentally stressed, irritable, worried and anxious. I would also be tired and could not sleep easily. It resulted in some pretty rough days at the office. I thought my job was very difficult, but it was in fact in a cleansing state not conductive to doing good work. Even if I did just 1 section a week I got noticeable cleansing.

I always feel really good right after practicing Iron Wire though!

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences, I thought I was practicing incorrectly or wrongly. Turns out the Iron Wire set is even more powerful than I thought.
                        -Chris

Comment

Hi Stephen,

In response to your question, I defer to the thread "Stages of Cleansing" with Sigung's post on the matter which addresses it perfectly.

Kindest regards,
                          Matt
                          With love and Shaolin salute /o

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose & give your whole heart and soul to it." - Buddha

Gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.

Comment

DarkCosmoz, thanks for posting you personal experience it's amazing what can be rekindled through a new thread!
                            thanks Andrew for the link, love it!

James

Originally posted by Andrew R View Post
                            This very useful thread popped up at the bottom of this thread.

"Stages of Cleansing"

http://wongkiewkit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9742
                            Aaahhhhh!

Comment

I feel as though I entered my first stage of "ache-y" cleansing myself a few days ago. My main force training is Baguazhang force training (is there a special name for that?)

My muscles are a bit sore, my flexibility is way down from normal, and I feel as though there's a cloud of clutter in the general area between the juncture of my collar bones and Adam's apple, like I need to cough something out but it's not coming out. Thankfully I don't feel it in my heart/chest area; if it was there, then I'd be worried that I was deviating. Being extra careful to maintain good posture helps a lot.

Blech, not having been sick or felt this sort of ache and soreness in years, I'm not used to feeling this way. I'm sure it will pass, though and I'll laugh at my whining in retrospect.
                              I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Working...
                              X