Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice

Do any other students, Sifu's students ( or maybe not ), practice the daily Zen training outlined in the Complete Book of Zen ?

I try to do it every day, including the Great Compasison Dharani and the Heart Sutra, transfer of merit etc.

Are there others doing this as well ? What kind of experiance's have you had with this practice ?

From Dan with Chi

Namo Amitabha Buddha.

It is nice to hear that you are reciting the Great Compassionate Dharani and The Heart Sutra regularly and you are transfering the merits to others. If you have not committed the Great Compassionate Dharani to memory, try your best to do it. This is one of the most powerful Dharani in Buddhism. It has helped many people, including myself. May you obtain Anuttara-Samyak-Sambodhi soon.

Comment

Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa !

Thank you for your kind words,

I am in the process of commiting it to memory, but reading it from the book frustrates me, so today i plan to print it off and stick it to the bottom of my altar stand so i can read it from there, hopefully soon i will have it all in my head.

I asked Sifu about my chanting Om Mani Padme Hum in my Chi Flows on the course, and he said i had the fortune of having the protection, blessing and guidance of Guan Yin !

So now i am even more determined to memorise the Dharani and to open my third eye !

From Dan with Chi

Comment

Greetings Dharma Brother,

It is not easy to memorize the Great Compassionate Dharani. I know a Sifu who has been reciting this Dharani for the last 20 years but failed to commit it to memory. The only advice I can give you is to learn one word at a time.

Alternatively, you can just recite OM MANI PADME HUM or follow the Buddha Name Recitation Method found in Sifu's Sukhavati.

The effects of anyone these practices are same.

Namo Amitabha Buddha.

Comment

Working...
        X