Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Project Frankfurt 2020

Dear Wahnam Family,

So is there anyone going to Tai Sihen Kai's Warrior Project in Frankfurt 2020 this coming weekend?

Best wishes always
    Mark

Possibly, my dad might have a surgery soon though. Hard to tell.
    Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

I know at least several awesome people who are going.
      George / Юра
      Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

Looking forward to the breakfast at Amadeus next sunday morning

Comment

See you soon!
          Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Enjoy guys! I'll be there in (warrior) spirit
            Chris Didyk
            Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

See you all Saturday

Comment

I was really looking forward to meet you all. Couldn't make it to the course due to problems with visa. May be some other time in future.

Comment

Some nice pictures to follow soon from the weekend

Best wishes
                  Mark

Comment

Hi there IMG_1099.JPG

Comment

IMG_1220.jpg

Comment

IMG_1218.JPG

Comment

IMG_8432.JPG
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing those pictures! It looks like the training had good, and happy, spirit. Would any of the attendees like to share some of their thoughts about the weekend?
                            Chris Didyk
                            Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

I learned that hitting focus mitts is quite exhausting after a couple hours of external and internal mixed training.

Seriously though, it was a great course. We trained hard and got a taste of many important concepts. Some important points included the value of correct body mechanics for safe and effective training. The refinement of Jing, Chi, and Shen and how to separate each of the three treasures and train them individually, (which was covered much more deeply during the New York retreat.) We covered all ranges of combat: Striking, kicking, chin na, throwing, and ground. The groundfighting especially made me want to go much deeper into that aspect of combat as I found it was a major weakness in terms of simple skill, as well as agility/mobility and stamina. We trained some striking and kicking combinations on pads and with partners, we practiced how to be soft and yielding in defense letting footwork do most of the work, and how to use the dantian and stance to catch a kick with the fantastic technique Two Tigers Subdue Dragon. Perhaps my favorite was the Chin Na, we learned some applications for wronging joints and even gripping vital points, my favorite was either how to use Chin Na to subdue and then totally trap them with our legs to free up our hands, or the secret of the snake to defend, enter, and apply blood chokes. We ended the training by learning a very effective self defense posture/stance/guard to use in real life confrontations(before it actually devolves into fighting) without giving away that we have fighting skills. That weekend definitely made me realize I need to find a better balance between my internal and external training so I can get in much better fighting shape to reach my best level. There was just so much packed into those two days that I really recommend anyone who hasn't yet attended a warrior project or mountain retreat to jump onto the next opportunity. We are used to a deep Shen level brain fry, well, this felt like a deep Jing level body fry.
                              Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Working...
                              X