Cultivating Spirit, Training Energy: Embodying the Wisdom of Zhang San Feng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmutation of the 5 Dan Tian Cycle to Daily Life

The Five Dan Tians represent a 3-stage process. The following is my own interpretation on the significance of the five Dan Tians in our daily life.

1) Qì Hǎi(氣海): Abdominal Field: Self-Confidence

2) Yǒng Quán (湧泉): Soles of the Feet: Personal and Professional Development

3) Láo Gōng (勞宮): Two Palms of the Hand: Helping Others

The abdominal energy field represents our own energy. When our energy increases by a lot and our mind is clear and focused, we become self-confident; this tremendous increase is a gift from the Master, and is activated by our own efforts, which include having a positive self-image and ongoing respect for he who gave us this ability. The energy then flows down to the soles of the feet, which represents our actions moving about in the world; the energy flowing, stored and gushing at the soles of our feet move us from place to place as family people and professionals. All this activity leads to energy accumulating at the palms of the hands, which represents our efforts in helping others; as we give, we honor the Master who started this process in the first place, and we allow others to begin and continue the same transformation. As our momentum increases, all three stages occur simultaneously in an ongoing dynamic cycle of development. We move from positive believing to positive knowing in our internal and external experiences.

Tremendous respect for Sifu and the Past Masters.
    少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Dear all,

It's been 2 days that I am back home in Amsterdam. I am realising it will take a little while to understand the impact of this course.
      Thank you to everyone in this amazing group, thank you, Tim and Barry, for organising it and thank you Sifu for teaching such an amazing course.
      To be continued.

Relinde

Comment

What a wonderful course this was. The efficiency of the training and the morning/evening slots created a very different and useful vibe, giving us the opportunity to make the most of Penang in the daytime. I supported the local economy to the extent my case would hardly close and I was overweight increasing by 18kg in my luggage allowance compared to my outward trip!

I was reflecting on what I might have said at the graduation speeches had there been more time, and it would probably have gone something like this...

First and foremost, thank you Sifu for your wonderful teachings. It's been 6 years since I last trained in Penang at the Small Universe course. What I've noticed is that EVERY course with Sifu enables significant personal and consciousness expansion. Every course with Sifu provides for a deeper integration of our fragmented selves towards a more integrated whole. Every course with Sifu allows us to expand and deepen our skills and understanding of these arts. Penang courses are wonderful experiences.

I'm ever in awe of Sifu's experience, knowledge, insight and attainment and feel blessed to be training these amazing arts with such an inspirational example of the benefits of these arts.

Personally, this course and consolidated and reinforced the training I have been doing with Sifu's Barry and Tim for the last 18 months and it has taken it to the next level.

At the end of the course, I found myself feeling uncharacteristically down and upset for some reason and thought it worth sharing in case it applies to others.

The immediate reason seemed apparent - I hadn't achieved the objective of "experiencing transcendental and phenomenal reality at the same time", which was one of the course objectives. I also perceived that while I have experienced more expansion and energy than ever before I had not experienced transcendental reality. This left me feeling disappointed and loading judgements on myself about why many others had experienced this while I had not. What's wrong with me? Am I not following instructions? etc. Luckily, I have trained in some therapeutic methods which allowed me to reflect and question myself internally, and work through what the root cause of this disappointment was. I found a variety of things which surprised me. I was able to clear them and I immediately felt better.

What I found was:
        - I was chasing after the experience. Despite consciously thinking back in January that the objectives were amazing and thinking I'd put them to the back of my mind, I clearly was chasing the experience.
        - I had expectations about the outcome of the course. Even though consciously I was convinced I didn't.
        - I had attachments to the outcome of the course. Even though consciously I was convinced I didn't.
        - I was holding negative emotions about not achieving all the outcomes of the course.
        - I didn't really know how to "let it be".
        - I had a link between not achieving the outcomes and being stuck and not progressing in life, not achieving what I came here to do.

There were also some other associated elements around trust and faith which were creating my disappointment at that moment. As I said, I cleared these and felt better immediately.

I reflected on how during my nearly 10 years training these kinds of issues have likely been at play. Particularly when some of the outcomes and experiences people report on courses (or even in course descriptions such as "The wow course") are so amazing and life-changing, it's easy to see how it can be a draw for people like myself to be attracted to and form an attachment, which ultimately pushes that very thing further away. There's a great thread about chasing experiences (https://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/fo...riences/10698-) which I read years ago, and yet my experience at this course is that my unconscious was operating differently from my conscious awareness.

With the momentary disappointment cleared up, and even if I had not been able to clear it up, I am so grateful for the many and profound blessings of this course. Blessings such as:

- Creating enormous amounts of energy and expansion
        - Becoming the 5 dan tiens
        - Achieving a one-pointed mind to easily solve problems - this is something that really clicked this course despite having trained it with Sifu in the past
        - Feeling flowing force and consolidated force in unmistakable ways
        - Learning abdominal and toe/heel breathing which creates amazing energy in a grounded way
        - Taking the skills of cotton palm to the next level
        - Having numerous examples of how to integrate these amazing skills into daily life for our benefit

These arts and the skills we are developing really profoundly affect our daily life. We really can do better in whatever we do. We just have to apply the skills in order to get the result!

My life has changed enormously since practicing these arts with Sifu. I have grown as a person, I have expanded my awareness, I have opened up to bigger and bigger horizons, I have cultivated the qualities of affection, love, compassion and appreciation, and I feel I am becoming more of what I have the potential to be.

For all this I want to express sincere gratitude:

To Sifus Barry and Tim who put the idea of the course into action, and for our fabulous weekly London classes and weekend retreats
        To Wei Foong for the super professional course organisation
        To Sifu, for transmitting these amazing arts in bafflingly effective ways, and for accepting me as a student
        To the past masters for developing these arts and
        To the Creator

Love and blessings to all.

With love and Shaolin salute /o

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose & give your whole heart and soul to it." - Buddha

Gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.

Comment

Beautiful Matthew. :-)

It's an interesting thing...chasing experiences and desiring outcomes. Especially when the outcomes could never really be equalled by our assumptions of how it would be.

Obviously we could never really know what it would be like to experience such things as transcendental and phenomenal reality at the same time, until we experienced it.

So any idea of such things will always full short of the reality.

Bodhidharma's teaching said:

Seeing with insight, form is not simply form, because form depends on mind. And, mind is not simply mind, because mind depends on form. Mind and form create and negate each other. … Mind and the world are opposites, appearances arise where they meet. When your mind does not stir inside, the world does not arise outside. When the world and the mind are both transparent, this is the true insight.” (from the Wakeup Discourse)

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion.
          Not using the mind to look for reality is awareness.
          (from the Wakeup Discourse)
          And then...

That which ordinary knowledge understands is also said to be within the boundaries of the norms. When you do not produce the mind of a common man, or the mind of a sravaka or a bodhisattva, and when you do not even produce a Buddha-mind or any mind at all, then for the first time you can be said to have gone outside the boundaries of the norms. If no mind at all arises, and if you do not produce understanding nor give rise to delusion, then, for the first time, you can be said to have gone outside of everything. (From the Record #1, of the Collection of Bodhidharma’s Works3 retrieved from Dunhuang Caves)
          Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
          A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

It's been very interesting (as we often say) practicing the Five Dan Tien training. I imagine that each of the participants will find different outcomes and benefits. Hopefully they will post here now they have returned home and let us know what is like for them.

Your description here Mark is useful:

Originally posted by Mark Blohm View Post
            Transmutation of the 5 Dan Tian Cycle to Daily Life

The Five Dan Tians represent a 3-stage process. The following is my own interpretation on the significance of the five Dan Tians in our daily life.

1) Qì Hǎi(氣海): Abdominal Field: Self-Confidence

2) Yǒng Quán (湧泉): Soles of the Feet: Personal and Professional Development

3) Láo Gōng (勞宮): Two Palms of the Hand: Helping Others

Since training the Five Dan Tien's I noticed the following outcomes:

1) Qì Hǎi(氣海): Abdominal Field: Increased resilience. Sureness. Confidence to be present in this world.

2) Yǒng Quán (湧泉): Soles of the Feet: Being grounded. Increased stability. Ability to walk as myself in this world.

3) Láo Gōng (勞宮): Two Palms of the Hand: Openness. Freer. Improved healing/therapy ability. Ability to be in this world as myself.

Overall I have also noticed an increase in sensitivity, without being vulnerable. The feeling of OK'ness. The feeling that things are working themselves out, as they should be.

I have noticed an increase in my force level, without the effort of bringing it forth.

I also experienced a real sense of ease during any of the sparring. This was a real break through for me.

The Five Dan Tien training has also had a knock on effect on all of the rest of my training too.

Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
            A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Since training the Five Dan Tien's I noticed the following outcomes:

1) Qì Hǎi(氣海): Abdominal Field: Increased resilience. Sureness. Confidence to be present in this world.

2) Yǒng Quán (湧泉): Soles of the Feet: Being grounded. Increased stability. Ability to walk as myself in this world.

3) Láo Gōng (勞宮): Two Palms of the Hand: Openness. Freer. Improved healing/therapy ability. Ability to be in this world as myself.

Overall I have also noticed an increase in sensitivity, without being vulnerable. The feeling of OK'ness. The feeling that things are working themselves out, as they should be.

I have noticed an increase in my force level, without the effort of bringing it forth.

I also experienced a real sense of ease during any of the sparring. This was a real break through for me.

The Five Dan Tien training has also had a knock on effect on all of the rest of my training too.
              Tim, thanks for highlighting these extra points.

少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Working...
              X