No announcement yet.

Special Course on Levels 10-12 in 2018 in Penang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, 2018 is impossible due to family situation, but in 2019 I’ll be able to travel again.
    Having had to miss the Essence of Shaolin, though for a very good reason, I’d love to attend this course.

Looking forward to hearing how the schedule goes.

Best wishes,

Nessa
    Nessa Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Current schedule on Sifu's website shows:
      Nov 26 to Dec 2: Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner -- Penang
      Dec 2 to 8: Cultivating Spirit Nourishing Energy -- Penang
      Dec 9 to 13: Intensive Chi Kung Course -- Penang
      Sifu Andrew Barnett
      Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
      Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
      Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Chi Kung Courses: October and November 2018 in Landquart CH
      QEA Discussion Forum: www.qea.ch/forum

Comment

the dates are confirmed (see above)
        Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
        Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
        http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
        http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
        http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner

Here are the details for the upcoming course "Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner" from 26th Nov to 2nd Dec 2018 in Penang.

This course conducted by Grandmaster Wong will include important lessons on applications of the Flowing Water Staff, the Plum Flower Sabre, the Taiji Staff and Wudang Sword, how to capture an opponent's weapon, single unarmed against multiple unarmed, and single unarmed against multiple armed.

Please apply to the Secretary as soon as possible but before 26th August 2018.

Those attending the course, please familiar yourselves with the routines of the following sets:

Either
          Lohan Asks the Way
          Four Gates
          Flowing Water Staff
          Plum Flower Sabre for Shaolin Kungfu practitioners,

or
          Cloud Hands
          Flowing Water Floating Clouds
          Taiji Staff
          Wudang Sword for Taijiquan practitioners.

Staffs, sabres, swords, other weapons or improvised sticks will be provided at the course.
          sigpic Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Wahnam Wien

Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
          Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
          Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan
          Shaolin Wahnam Wien on facebook
          Shaolin Wahnam Wien on google+

Comment

Sifu also provided some answers on the preparation for the "Practitioner" course:

The following two questions from Fang Jun, which are scheduled to appear in June 2019 Part 1, relate to the "Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner" course, and are therefore posted here.

Question

For those of us who wish to attend the course "Becoming A Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner", how should we best prepare for it?

Answer

You can best prepare for the "Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner" course by being familiar with the 16 basic combat sequences (or 12 basic combat sequences for Taijiquan) and practicing Golden Bridge (or Three-Circle Stance for Taijiquan).
            This will give you the skills and techniques to spar with other course participants. This preparation, while being the best, is optional. In other words, you need not be familiar with the basic combat sequences and practice Golden Bridge if you don't want to.

Question

I have yet to learn the weapon sets. Is it necessary to learn the routines of the respective weapon sets from our school videos first?
            As for the multiple opponents training, are there any sets/routines that I should be learning or practicing beforehand?

Answer

You should be familiar with the three sets, which are Ho Family Flowing Water Staff, Shaolin Plum Flower Sabre and either Shaolin Traveling Dragon Sword or Wudang Sword. These sets are not compulsory, but being familiar with them will help you much when you learn their applications.
            Learning the weapon sets from my videos will be a great help. It is better if you can learn from a living instructor.
            There are no special sets for single unarmed against multiple unarmed and multiple armed. The applications are alive, i.e. depending on the existing conditions. Some general principles will be taught, and these principles are very useful.
            One can attend the course without preparation. But being familiar with the relevant kungfu sets will be very helpful.
            I'm looking forward to re-fresh the sets, to finally learn the Taiji staff and of course to see many seasoned practitioners in Penang!

Best wishes,

Leo
            sigpic Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Wahnam Wien

Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
            Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
            Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan
            Shaolin Wahnam Wien on facebook
            Shaolin Wahnam Wien on google+

Comment

Thanks!

Dear Leo,

Thanks for the update on the upcoming Special Course in Penang, and many thanks to Sifu for his answers to the posted questions.

Best wishes,
              Angel
              [/SIGPIC] Sifu Ángel Pérez
              Shaolin Wahnam Institute Puerto Rico

"Life becomes more meaningful and beautiful as you work towards the realization of your own innate immortality."
              - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

"La vida se vuelve más significativa y hermosa según trabajas hacia la realización de tu propia innata inmortalidad."
              - Gran Maestro Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Either
                Lohan Asks the Way
                Four Gates
                Flowing Water Staff
                Plum Flower Sabre for Shaolin Kungfu practitioners, or
                ----
                Cloud Hands
                Flowing Water Floating Clouds
                Taiji Staff
                Wudang Sword for Taijiquan practitioners.
                These are all very beautiful sets and a joy to learn. I feel lucky to have attended courses and practiced 6 of them already, just missing the two weapons sets Plum Flower Sabre and Flowing Water Staff from the Shaolin Selection.
                Even tho it looks right now that I cannot attend the Practioners Course in the end of November, it will nevertheless be a wonderful opportunity to review the known sets and prepare the two missing ones.
                Who knows sometimes doors open, one does not expect , so we better be prepared.
                Join our Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong Classes in Zürich and other Swiss locations

Facebook:
                www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch
                Google+ :
                https://plus.google.com/+TaiChiChuanQigongWahnamZürich/

Comment

Working...
                X