Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intensive Zen Course in Ireland

Dear Family,

We've just completed the second day of the Intensive Zen course here in Dublin.

This course has been simply mind blowing. Sifu's teaching has made it so easy for us to learn in such a short space of time and with so little effort what it took dedicated practitioners many years to gain even a snippet of what we have been blessed to have been transmitted.

We are learning the skills of attaining a one pointed mind, no-mind and using these in the phenomenal world for problem solving and in the transcendental expanding into the cosmos. What I experienced this afternoon was indescribable, life changing as Sifu described it. I feel so privileged and grateful to have this opportunity and I am so pleased that we are all benefitting in such a profound way.

What I realise is that the out of this world experiences are mind blowing - literally - but there is a practical benefit that we will take home to become more effective and better people when we return.

I will write in more detail after the course, but just felt compelled to express my gratitude for what I am experiencing, to Sifu, to past masters, to Bodhidharma, to Joan Sije and Kevin Siheng, for organising the course and selecting a perfect location. Valentines Ireland is a true jewel in the Wahnam calendar.

Also so wonderful to meet old friends and new ones - sharing this magical course together.

With best wishes to all,

Joel
    Once you know the map all routes become clear.

— Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Intensive Zen - Ireland 2016

Dear Family,

This course is mind blowing. Such extraordinary gifts, such high level mind training.

Yesterday morning will rank as one of the greatest ever sessions I have had the privilege to experience. Sigung taught a number of methods to achieve a one pointed mind - each one was simple and easy to train, yet so powerful. Words are not enough to describe.

The clarity of my thoughts and clarity of vision were immense - at one stage it was as if every single movement both in the room and outside the room we as clear as the text I see before me as I type this. I could see e v e r y t h i n g… … …

(We have wonderfully huge windows in the room that allow us view the cosmos)

In our sitting meditation session Sigung offered us a number of methods to achieve a one pointed mind and surprising myself, I selected a mantra (surprising as I have never used a mantra before). As the session progressed I drifted between total clarity on my words and an something that is inadequately described as an total emptiness in my thoughts - there was simply nothing there…

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace
    Hail Mary …
    Hail Mary …
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace

So much more to talk about from yesterday and SO much more to talk about from today, but now its time for bed - Day 3 awaits!

All the best,

Kevin
    Last edited by Kevin_B; 27 February 2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

"Problems solved, Love is in the Air"

Wording by our beautiful sister Montse :-)

unnamed-5.jpgunnamed-6.jpg

Comment

Our beloved Sigung

Dear Sigung,
        Every day I thank God for you. I thank God that You wrote a book that brought Sifu Joan Browne to your door, that you helped her and opened your door and that she entered, bringing priceless pearls to our world.

Thank you.
        Thank you for travelling to Ireland.
        Thank you for the Valentine festival.
        Thank you for taking us to Dublin and showing us the beautiful Dun Loghaire and also making us appreciate even more the festivals in Killarney,
        Thank you for making us travel a short distance when you had to travel so far and for such a long time to give your arts.
        Thank you for the beautiful hotel, the amazing food (it was so good-when the waiter takes excessive pride in the food, you really know it's good.) And even though we came with an empty cup, that cup was filled with great company and delicious food, sunshine in our hearts and in the Coffees, beautiful scenery, and wonderful stories. There was a lot of food!!!!

Thank you for our Shaolin Brothers and Sisters, for being so open and inspiring.

Thank you for showing us how to trust and respect ourselves and our opinions and that of our Shaolin brothers and sisters, and to be conscious of making good decisions.

Thank you eternally for Sifu Joan Browne, for giving us a Sifu that is honourable, trustworthy, dependable and generous teacher and one whom we respect. We know we can trust her.

I am only one small (not in stature but there's more to love!) person that has benefitted. Yet your art has enriched my family's, my husband's, my children, my friend's, my home, and has an impact all the way down to the way I make and drink a cup of tea.

The gratitude and respect that we hold for you may be so great, that sometimes it is so enormous that it's almost like a tidal wave or a dam that we are trying to hold back, and we shouldn't. We should 'let it flow' as it is meant to with a valued respect and protect the gratitude, arts and skills that you have treasured us with by giving us Your pearls of wisdom.
        With Shaolin salute and many blessings
        Geraldine

Comment

Originally posted by Dalta View Post
          Dear Sigung,
          Every day I thank God for you. I thank God that You wrote a book that brought Sifu Joan Browne to your door, that you helped her and opened your door and that she entered, bringing priceless pearls to our world.

Thank you.
          Thank you for travelling to Ireland.
          Thank you for the Valentine festival.
          Thank you for taking us to Dublin and showing us the beautiful Dun Loghaire and also making us appreciate even more the festivals in Killarney,
          Thank you for making us travel a short distance when you had to travel so far and for such a long time to give your arts.
          Thank you for the beautiful hotel, the amazing food (it was so good-when the waiter takes excessive pride in the food, you really know it's good.) And even though we came with an empty cup, that cup was filled with great company and delicious food, sunshine in our hearts and in the Coffees, beautiful scenery, and wonderful stories. There was a lot of food!!!!

Thank you for our Shaolin Brothers and Sisters, for being so open and inspiring.

Thank you for showing us how to trust and respect ourselves and our opinions and that of our Shaolin brothers and sisters, and to be conscious of making good decisions.

Thank you eternally for Sifu Joan Browne, for giving us a Sifu that is honourable, trustworthy, dependable and generous teacher and one whom we respect. We know we can trust her.

I am only one small (not in stature but there's more to love!) person that has benefitted. Yet your art has enriched my family's, my husband's, my children, my friend's, my home, and has an impact all the way down to the way I make and drink a cup of tea.

The gratitude and respect that we hold for you may be so great, that sometimes it is so enormous that it's almost like a tidal wave or a dam that we are trying to hold back, and we shouldn't. We should 'let it flow' as it is meant to with a valued respect and protect the gratitude, arts and skills that you have treasured us with by giving us Your pearls of wisdom.
          With Shaolin salute and many blessings
          Geraldine
          Wonderful testimony Geraldine!!

Thank you very much for sharing!

Kevin

Comment

Class photo from the wonderful Zen course!

Zen - Class photo.jpg

Comment

Chi and Appletiser - My story

Hello,
              This is my first post, but I feel I must share with my new found family one experience given to me during the Zen Intensive Course here in Ireland. I hope others may reflect, relate and respond to their own callings and chi flows after reading.

Firstly, thank you to Sifu who is both incredibly gracious and generous to us. We are so lucky to have such a kind Sifu and a genuine loving happy family together in our school.

On Day 1 of the course, I met many genuine, kind, loving and considerate people, but someone stood out by far and I found my thoughts taken over by our conversation.
              During the course, Sifu asked us to define and solve any problems we have, using a One Pointed Mind.
              Now instead of breaking open my piggy-bank (inside joke ) of old problems, my first problem actually was my thoughts were completely overtaken with this one person. Similar to how a young boy falls in love with a pretty girl, I was helplessly focussed on it and couldn't concentrate, and needed to solve it! My second problem was I feel underutilised in my career and want to explore other jobs or business opportunities.

So I practised the skills taught to us of problem solving in the phenomenal and transcendental worlds to find a solution.

What happened over the course of 2 days I would describe as a miracle.
              Instead of approaching my first problem, it actually approached me. My problem was solving itself, and it became easy and manageable. I chose to follow my chi flow (I wanted to buy a type of healthier apple soda for someone!) which I couldn’t find anywhere in town. So I looked online and found it 100 Km away at the only shop in Ireland who sold it; the owner said “Just last week a customer bought that drink who looked all over South Ireland and couldn’t find it”.

So I set on a journey, and I needed the loo and stopped at the nearest place, which was coincidentally called Applegreen services! As a Muslim, I was just thinking about my religion, when I actually saw a Muslim man praying alone in the car park, so I waited to speak with him, exchanging “السلام عليكم” Asalaamu Alaikum (Peace and blessings be upon you). As we talked, he just instantly started speaking excessively about his own business, and gave me a good perspective on starting my own, as if we were best friends?! I didn’t even mention anything! He insisted we spoke over tea, and I was now late in my journey to the store, but I felt I helped him release some stress as he was driving alone for days with no-one to speak with.

When I finally arrived at the store, the lady said hello and instantly too started describing how she owns her own business, and spoke excessively about various challenges and problems she faces! My lateness gave her the opportunity to buy a coffee machine for her shop, something she’s wanted for many years and she said “it was only due to you arriving late that I finally managed to buy it.”

Needless to say I found the drink and shared it during dinner (I think it’s so lovely, Oh and I’m NOT a salesman, honest!! )
              I found by presenting my problem using a One Pointed Mind and following a path, I had so many experiences which solved my first problem, and gave guidance to solve my bigger, second problem.

This experience and Day 2 and 3 of the course changed my life.

I leave you with a thought: Do we ever think of the patience and life of a slow growing apple tree, as we finally pick the fruit so easily? Thank you Sifu for sharing these arts with us.

I hope you enjoyed my little experience, and ‘Peace and Blessings be upon you all’. Thank you again Sifu and to everyone and to God for making this course so fruitful!!

Salim

Comment

Sounds like Ireland has been gifted some seriously illusion-cutting diamonds!

With Love,
                Andrew
                Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Apples

Salim,
                  We are all intrigued now-but firstly what was the apple drink? Do you need more of it?
                  Kind regards
                  Geraldine
                  QUOTE=Salim;133408]Hello,
                  This is my first post, but I feel I must share with my new found family one experience given to me during the Zen Intensive Course here in Ireland. I hope others may reflect, relate and respond to their own callings and chi flows after reading.

Firstly, thank you to Sifu who is both incredibly gracious and generous to us. We are so lucky to have such a kind Sifu and a genuine loving happy family together in our school.

On Day 1 of the course, I met many genuine, kind, loving and considerate people, but someone stood out by far and I found my thoughts taken over by our conversation.
                  During the course, Sifu asked us to define and solve any problems we have, using a One Pointed Mind.
                  Now instead of breaking open my piggy-bank (inside joke ) of old problems, my first problem actually was my thoughts were completely overtaken with this one person. Similar to how a young boy falls in love with a pretty girl, I was helplessly focussed on it and couldn't concentrate, and needed to solve it! My second problem was I feel underutilised in my career and want to explore other jobs or business opportunities.

So I practised the skills taught to us of problem solving in the phenomenal and transcendental worlds to find a solution.

What happened over the course of 2 days I would describe as a miracle.
                  Instead of approaching my first problem, it actually approached me. My problem was solving itself, and it became easy and manageable. I chose to follow my chi flow (I wanted to buy a type of healthier apple soda for someone!) which I couldn’t find anywhere in town. So I looked online and found it 100 Km away at the only shop in Ireland who sold it; the owner said “Just last week a customer bought that drink who looked all over South Ireland and couldn’t find it”.

So I set on a journey, and I needed the loo and stopped at the nearest place, which was coincidentally called Applegreen services! As a Muslim, I was just thinking about my religion, when I actually saw a Muslim man praying alone in the car park, so I waited to speak with him, exchanging “السلام عليكم” Asalaamu Alaikum (Peace and blessings be upon you). As we talked, he just instantly started speaking excessively about his own business, and gave me a good perspective on starting my own, as if we were best friends?! I didn’t even mention anything! He insisted we spoke over tea, and I was now late in my journey to the store, but I felt I helped him release some stress as he was driving alone for days with no-one to speak with.

When I finally arrived at the store, the lady said hello and instantly too started describing how she owns her own business, and spoke excessively about various challenges and problems she faces! My lateness gave her the opportunity to buy a coffee machine for her shop, something she’s wanted for many years and she said “it was only due to you arriving late that I finally managed to buy it.”

Needless to say I found the drink and shared it during dinner (I think it’s so lovely, Oh and I’m NOT a salesman, honest!! )
                  I found by presenting my problem using a One Pointed Mind and following a path, I had so many experiences which solved my first problem, and gave guidance to solve my bigger, second problem.

This experience and Day 2 and 3 of the course changed my life.

I leave you with a thought: Do we ever think of the patience and life of a slow growing apple tree, as we finally pick the fruit so easily? Thank you Sifu for sharing these arts with us.

I hope you enjoyed my little experience, and ‘Peace and Blessings be upon you all’. Thank you again Sifu and to everyone and to God for making this course so fruitful!!

Salim[/QUOTE]

Comment

Geraldine, Salim,
                    We are all intrigued now-but firstly what was the apple drink?
                    For an experience this profound, it could surely only be White Lightning?

Only joking, I really enjoyed your post Salim, and I too am intrigued. Isn't that great about the business and so on. What is your career at the minute?

I also envy you, as I am not the type of person who could just chat to a stranger like that and befriend them. It's happened where I've met friendly strangers, but they have always spoken to me first.

Comment

The Zen course was brilliant. One of the best, maybe even the best, courses I have ever done. I felt more force in the evenings of this course, and the joys that come with that, after doing things like relaxing, talking, gentle lifting the sky and sitting meditation than if I had done a session of stance training and kungfu.

It was great as always to meet old and new friends, I just wish I had been able to stay and chat and spend more time with everyone, and I just wanted to link those points together, because I was very lucky to finally meet Jean Sije and Kay Siheng. I learned several lessons from Jean Sije, and one of those was how if you have done courses before and practised well, you can get even more benefit from future courses, which I guess explains how each course feels better and better.

Speaking personally I would encourage anyone to do a Zen course with Sifu if you get the opportunity. Having experienced them all, I am glad I have had the experience now of Chi Kung, Kungfu and Zen. So that I could experience chi flow, and everything that comes from that. So that I could experience Kungfu which to me can be like an ever better version of chi kung, as you will know when you experience the blissful feeling when you feel the internal force go through your body and arm as you execute something like Zuan Quan from Xingyi or one of the Snake strikes for example. And now so that I could experience both the joy of practising Zen, and the benefits that come afterwards. Unforgettable.

Comment

The story continues...

We are all intrigued now-but firstly what was the apple drink? Do you need more of it?
                        Appletiser. Link is here. It's nothing more special than apple juice and CO2, but only using our sentiments as a sweetener .

But my dear school, I am not out of the orchard yet!!
                        So having returned back to the UK I was aimlessly driving around and thought I'd pull into a car park to check the Virtual Kwoon. After reading the messages I looked for a café to use my laptop, and the closest place was a supermarket.

I wondered if they sold the drink, so I walked into the drinks section.... and guess which item was the last remaining one on a shelf, at head height, actually being put in the wrong place at the first place I looked???

So I'm writing as I drink it, and as a way of sharing a blessing I would really like to post a drink for any students who would like one, free of charge regardless if we have met or not. Please PM and don't feel it's an inconvenience, because it's not, and include a work address if it's more suitable.

Well obviously my business now is I will start selling these drinks! Ha, no I couldnt. I will send an application form to Apple Inc instead, ha! No that's a joke too,

On a serious note, Joel and I have been exploring starting a business for some time which involves growing something of good quality in a beneficial way, and possibly to process the crops further into a product. Perhaps if anyone would like to help, in a big or small way, do get in touch. I can't think of anyone I'd rather ask than fellow students.

Thanks all for the chance to share something,
                        Salim.

Comment

When one experiences one pointedness, then zero pointedness, in an amazingly short period, magic ain't far behind....Sifu transmits in a matter of days what takes many years

if ever to attain.. It still amazes me to witness the frequency and depth of awakening experiences in people who have never sat sesshins, nor sat hours at a time for decades.

Zen is direct, and that is how Sifu teaches and transmits. No need to wait till "later"..... I am happy for all who attended, you have been blessed..

Warmly Gusty

Comment

The Zen Course

Dear Shaolin Family, brothers and sisters who attended the Zen course in Dublin.
                            I'm jumping in on this thread a little late since I had wifi and password problems.
                            Firstly let me thank our Sifu for coming to Ireland from Malaysia, for traveling yet again around the globe to teach us. It is in fact, simply awesome and inspiring and the feeling of blessing is impossible to express. Words are not enough to describe how grateful I feel and not only that, the atmosphere of gratitude and sense of appreciation for our Sifu's wonderful and profound teachings at the course was palpable amongst my fellow students. Thank you so much Sifu. Words will never be enough.

Shaolin Wahnam brothers and sisters, it was great to meet you all, to reconnect with familiar faces and to meet new wonderful people. It really is a blessing to be a member of the best Kung Fu and Chi Kung school in the world. Not only can our Sifu keep running and organize a Chi Kung and Kung Fu school on a global scale, traveling constantly and maintaining a standard much much higher than any local gyms and schools in sports centers etc. with permanent instructors and locations, the atmosphere and camaraderie in our school is better than any other school I've been in (some years ago). This was brought home to me again at the Zen Course in Dublin.

Sije Joan Browne and Sigung Kevin Barry- thank you so so much for organizing simply life-changing courses. Course of immense magnitude and benefit for everyone. Sifu, thank you so so much for coming.

As I mentioned at the graduation dinner, I walked out of the course to my accommodation and everything was blessed. This was not a feeling. It was a fact. Every single thing, the bus stop, the light in the puddles, the painted cars, the commerce and traffic on the street, the sky, the birds; everything was blessed. And the benefit of Sifu's teaching was not just for me. I walked along smiling and many people smiled back at me. Later that night walking home again in the dark after dinner, I felt like I was a circle whose circumference was nowhere and whose center was everywhere. It is impossible to describe. The expanded awareness from the courses where we expanded into the cosmos stayed with me in some form. I felt so peaceful in the fresh night air and in the dark. Not only did I feel immensely peaceful but I felt impervious to negativity and fear. The amazing benefits of the course stay with me afterwards and the simply amazing benefits to be attained (that defy belief for a weekend course) which my fellow students spoke about leave me in awe.

To be born as a human being is blessing enough, to be born in the same era as Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit is certainly a blessing. To be in the same room as Sifu and be blessed with these marvelous teachings.... I could not express my gratitude in the words of twenty languages if I had a lifetime to do so. Thank you Sifu.

A Shaolin salute to Sifu and all the past masters and to you all my Shaolin Wahnam brothers and sisters.

Comment

Such a wonderfull course Thank you words fall short

Dear Sigung,
                              Dear Sifu´s,

Dear Wahnam students,

I feel a deep gratitude that Sigung is travelling all around the world year after year to give us access to these wonderful teachings which enables us to be better, stronger, loving people who can give back to the world and the people we love.

With the excellent guidance of Sigung we have learned how to attain a one pointed mind, no mind, clearing the mind, tapping energy with the mind, problem solving and public speaking.

The experience during the course at Zen or mind level where very profound subtle and strong at the same time. I am sure I acquired the skills but I still will need some months to enjoy the precious gifts received.

The Sifu´s and Organizers Joan, Kevin and Chris did an absolutely marvelous job ensuring that the courses where running smooth and that everybody was feeling comfortable to obtain the best results. Everything was just lovely and perfect I really went home with such a lovely memory in my heart.

I also would like to thank all the people that have attended they were all very kind and nice in their own special way. I am very grateful and happy knowing I have made some new Irish and International friends.

Thank you very much and if you are ever in Madrid on holiday or to attend a Wahnam course let me know I will be happy to show you some of the nice places,

Last but not least I would like to thank all the Sifus in Spain and Portugal without your efforts I would not have been able to enjoy these teachings and have advanced so far.

With my best regards,
                              Ronaldk

Comment

Working...
                              X