Dragon Strength Course Experiences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please be careful not to overtrain.
    - Good that this was pointed out. I've practiced the set just by doing the flow method and getting the form better, and that's it.

The course itself was so high-level that it felt sensible to Slow down afterwards...and I'm glad I did.

Take it easy, everyone.

Best wishes,
    Markus Kahila
    Shaolin Nordic Finland

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

• It is on Sifu's behalf, that we say that we should take care not to overtrain with the Dragon Strength Set. Simple as it is we follow the instructions carefully.

Body and mind need some time to adjust accordingly!

Happy training!
      "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
      Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

• Thank you all for the reminder to not overtrain.

I have actually cut my practice sessions to train just the evening starting last week. The fact that when I wake up in the morning and feel "drunk" with internal force is a good indicator to slow down!

Best wishes,
        Stephen

Comment

• A little gift for the family: Dragon Strength Video Clips

Dear family,

After the request of Sifu Anton and Sifu Angel, I went over my datas and I have found some short video clips from the first Dragon Strength Set course. To make it more easy to download and edit, if needed, I have put the short clips unedited on my vimeo account. It would be nice if you could let participants and students know where to find those short videos.

It is interesting to note that normally I would not take my iPhone to courses where I participate, though on that very last day when Sifu generously went over the different methods I had it for some reason with me.

Sifu shares basically everything with us at the different courses. He is very very generous and kind. Sisook Ho mentioned many times to me that we should share the Arts with those who are deserved and not keep anything back. That said, I would love to continue that kind of teaching and sharing, please enjoy!

Best regards,

Roland

The Form Method: https://vimeo.com/album/3261925/video/119682105

The Energy Method: https://vimeo.com/album/3261925/video/119683337

The Black Tortoise Method: https://vimeo.com/album/3261925/video/119681549

The Mind Method: https://vimeo.com/album/3261925/video/119683703

Different Methods Part 1:https://vimeo.com/album/3261925/video/119682637

Different Methods Part 2: https://vimeo.com/album/3261925/video/119683990
          "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
          Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

• Thank you, Roland Sihing.

Joko
            开心 好运气
            kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
            open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

• Prayers answered!

Dear Roland Sihing,

Thanks so much for uploading those marvelous videos. Of course, nothing would ever beat being there, but these videos will serve not only to inspire others but also as a historical record of Sifu's pinnacle achievement in Kungfu practice and teaching. Like I have said a couple of times, there are no coincidences, and the fact that you brought your phone to that particular session, is another example.

We are fortunate to have not just a great master but also great students, who has learned accordingly and are following his lead, practicing and teaching with the same passion and generosity.

Smiling from the Heart,
              Angel
              [/SIGPIC] Sifu Ángel Pérez
              Shaolin Wahnam Institute Puerto Rico

"Life becomes more meaningful and beautiful as you work towards the realization of your own innate immortality."
              - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

"La vida se vuelve más significativa y hermosa según trabajas hacia la realización de tu propia innata inmortalidad."
              - Gran Maestro Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

• Just some thoughts.

It's amazing that as I continue in my Dragon Strength training, the force that is generated becomes softer and softer. Yet, this soft force is also becoming more and more powerful. The evolution is quite astounding!

I haven't experienced my internal force like this before, not even during the Dragon Strength course. I am now finding the soft, flowing Dragon force to be way more powerful than Iron Wire force.

Interestingly enough, this evolution in force development only happened recently. Inspired by Sigung's teachings in "The Way of the Master," I now give a gentle thought of tuning myself with the cosmos before starting practice. This gentle thought is somehow more effective than spending a few minutes in a Chi Kung State of Mind. The result is a simple yet profound shift in practicing Dragon Strength.

Has anyone else experienced an evolution or breakthrough?

Best wishes,
                Stephen

Comment

Working...
                X