Baguazhang! @ U.K. Summer Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a safe flight, Robin. I'll be a week and a half behind you

On that note, I'm arriving the morning of 17 June off of a red eye flight from the States, and I'll be relaxing and checking out Arundel before the start of the Baguazhang course the following day. To anyone who will be around then and not taking the awesome Chi Kung courses that day, PM me ahead of time if you'd like to meet up!
    Chris Didyk
    Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

Work does not allow me get there again this year. Enjoy it to the full everyone and of course "safety first"

Best wishes
      Mark

Comment

From the pictures I have seen so far another amazing Set. Full of joy and happyness and very very deceptive!

Those who attend will be amazed for sure make sure to prepare well
        "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
        Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

My father and I will be leaving on Saturday (to arrive on Sunday) to the UK. I'm afraid I don't know exactly at what time we'll be arriving in Arundel, but hopefully it's not too late! I'd like to take a stroll about town and get to know the local areas.

I've been having a lot of fun with the Swimming Dragon set, and I'm sure the other course participants are, too. Needless to say, the footwork (and the rest of the set) is a lot more complex than what I've ever run across before! At least I haven't fallen over yet. As Andy mentioned, this should be a challenging but rewarding course.

See everyone in just a few more days!
          I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Brighton to Arundel travel practicalities

Dear All, my brother Tim emailed me some questions about travelling from Brighton to Arundel and I thought I would share in case they are of use to anyone else. Tim is staying in Brighton and travelling to Arundel each day and I did the research for him on trains, buses and cars - here it is:

TRAIN:

The train you will need is:

Depart Brighton - 07:15
            Arrive Ford - 07:48
            Depart Ford - 08:06
            Arrive Arundel - 08:11

Then it is a 15 minute walk from the station to the hotel.

There is a later train which departs Brighton at 07:46 and arrives in Arundel at 08:42 but you would then be likely to arrive at the hotel very close to 9am when the courses start, and it would not leave much space for delays.

The cost of a single one way ticket at this time is £9.60
            The cost of a day return is £14.20 so much better. Unfortunately because you are travelling at peak business times it is a bit more expensive for your ticket.

for more info look here: http://www.southernrailway.com/

BUS:

The bus basically will be cheaper but takes longer

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUplo...iner%20700.pdf

It's the number 700 Coastliner that departs from Brighton and goes to Arundel By my calculations you would need to leave Brighton at 06:25 and change in Littlehampton in order to arrive in Arundel at around 08:30 because the bus goes EVERYWHERE!

Welcome to UK travel... !

CAR:
            It might be a little more expensive but possibly better value on your time if you drive, to hire a car, especially if there are other brothers and sisters staying in Brighton. If you did it as a group it would be cheaper. Fuel is about £7-£8 return journey in a car to arundel and I think there is some free parking just outside the town centre.

It would take you about 45 minutes in the rush hour to drive, you would probably need to allow an hour plus a bit for parking and walking. Same time as the train, but much more flexible

You would be better off picking one up and dropping off at the airport as the brighton offices will be closed at the times you're likely to want to do this. Then there's parking charges in brighton (unless your hotel has some spaces).
            ++ smile ++ from ++ the ++ heart ++
            Rich Denyer-Bewick
            you can connect with me on: Facebook (personal/social), Linkedin (professional) and Twitter (a bit of both!)

Comment

Originally posted by namaste View Post
              I did the research for him on trains, buses and cars
              Unless he has developed the art of lightness and another option then opens up!
              Rich Denyer-Bewick
              you can connect with me on: Facebook (personal/social), Linkedin (professional) and Twitter (a bit of both!)

Comment

Thank you very much for sharing this information! It's already entering into consideration with our (my father and me) plans on traveling from the airport. It certainly beats walking, that's for sure!
                I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Best wishes to all attending the fantastic courses in Arundel. I really miss being there with you all. Have fun!
                  Anthony S

Western USA

http://elitechikung.com/

Visit Anthony Spinicchia’s web site with information on qigong healing.

His book, The Wonders of Chi Kung:Unlocking Glowing Health and Vitality, 3rd Edition, can be found by clicking here

The e-book edition can be found at www.amazon.com kindle store

Comment

If anyone is struggling with any local information about Brighton, Arundel or anything else please do message me and I will try to help.
                    Rich Denyer-Bewick

Comment

Dear Brother Rich, thanks alot!!! Really appreciate it.

Unless he has developed the art of lightness and another option then opens up!
                      Hahaha! Nothing is impossible

Are there participants staying in Brighton during the week? If so please get in touch!

Looking forward meeting everybody,

Best regards,
                      Tim

Comment

Hello Fellow Shaolin Travellers
                        I just arrived in Arundel and it is so "ye olde village" picture postcard cute. I took the underground train from Heathrow into Central London to Victoria Station and changed to the National Rail line that took me straight to Arundel (about an hour). Even though I speak English pretty good (sic), I did learn that its pronounced like "aaron-dell". No buses go from Heathrow to Arundel, but they do go to Brighton if that helps.
                        Cheerio chaps

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll be getting the train from Heathrow via London as well.

Looking forward to catching up with my globetrotting Aussie elder kung fu brother (and everyone else as well )
                          Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
                          Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
                          Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
                          - ancient wisdom

Comment

Thank you all for the information. I am looking forward to joining you for the weekend. I will arrive at Gatwick around 11 o' clock and as there are direct trains, I should be in "aaron-dell" around 1pm .

Andrea
                            Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                            Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch
                            Google+ :
                            https://plus.google.com/+TaiChiChuanQigongWahnamZürich/

Comment

You lucky ones!
                              I´d love to come, unfortunately I have to take a number of exams around the summer camp.

Look forward to hear / read some feedback here
                              Best regards,
                              Anton
                              Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                              Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                              http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                              http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                              http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Bagua Footwork in Ninjutsu?

Bagua Footwork in Ninjutsu?

Grandmaster Sun Lutang was famous for when being attacked he could get behind his opponent using quick footwork from Bagua.

Did Bagua influence Ninjutsu?

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23bwSnFAhi0

from 1:27

Anton.
                                Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                                Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                                http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                                http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                                http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Working...
                                X