Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baguazhang! @ U.K. Summer Camp

Oh yes!

I've been waiting a long time for this, and now it is only a few months away!

This year there will be Baguazhang at the U.K. Summer Camp

full details are here

http://shaolinsummercamp.co.uk/

Shall we have a chatter about it?

Please also feel free to post your favourite Bagua pictures and videos too!

Best

Robin
    Last edited by Andrew; 2 April 2012, 06:12 AM.
    "The Power of Tai Chi Chuan. com"

Oh and anyone interested in signing up for the course please register with me at this address

robin@shaolinsummercamp.co.uk

All the best

Robin

Comment

Whew! I've been carrying that info in my head ever since Sigung's Two Finger Zen course. I asked Sigung about Baguazhang and he said, "Next year's summer camp!"

I loved practicing Baguazhang (I made a few posts about my monthly lessons in the Other Styles forum), but unfortunately I never delved very deeply into the style. Because of some philosophical differences, I left that school, but remained intrigued in the style.

If I may be so bold, my mother filmed me practicing the Basic Eight Palms set I learnt some months ago. I had fun with it, but unfortunately I didn't learn nor train many applications for it.

Here is a video of my Baguazhang sifu from 2007 ago demonstrating a Baguazhang set and some of its applications. I rather liked his moves (and he's even smoother/faster/more powerful nowadays).

Hoping to hear more from this thread!
      I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Awesome videos Frederick!

Thanks so much for posting,

Best

Robin

p.s. Watching you practice has got me really interested in learning the Eight mother Palms!

Comment

For me Arundel is the best of England. A quiet and lovely very small town on a river, lush and green with rolling hills, flowers, etc. The castle is magnificent with lovely gardens. There is a very nice pub on the river that Sifu, Chun Yian, Robin and me dined at last year. The previous year we were joined by Roland too and it was fantastic. If I recall Chun Yian said it was the best Fish and Chips he had ever had.

Arundel is neither London nor Brighton and I think that is a good thing. Besides the incredible courses that will be in Arundel I also recommend going to get a taste of the best of England.

One more thing- we found what Robin described as the best Black Tea he had ever had in a special place in Arundel. I'm sure he will direct everyone there so they can try and give their opinion. The owners won't sell the tea as it is a special blend that draws many people to the restaurant.

I sure hope that I can come for the courses and enjoy everyone's company.
          Anthony S

Western USA

http://elitechikung.com/

Visit Anthony Spinicchia’s web site with information on qigong healing.

His book, The Wonders of Chi Kung:Unlocking Glowing Health and Vitality, 3rd Edition, can be found by clicking here

The e-book edition can be found at www.amazon.com kindle store

Comment

It is absolutely outstanding that Sigung is teaching baguazhang, it makes me wonder if xingyiquan is coming soon to complete the trio.

I've been fascinated by bagua, its circular and undulating movements are quite captivating.
            Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

baguazhang, eh? Sifu continues to amaze with his incredible depth and breadth of knowledge. You guys in UK are being spoilt :-)

Comment

Also I agree Arundel is absolutely beautiful. Double treat

Comment

Oh yes, oh yes. See you all there.

Best wishes
                  Mark

Comment

hi all. its so close ! I have just put the dates in to work hope to see you all there :-)

Comment

I would just like to remind everyone how special the UK Summer Camps are. I've attended the last three and each has been an inspiring experience. We know that Sifu always gives his best when he teaches but when he is teaching something rare it always is extra special.

Also, the more the merrier. This is always the case. Those of us in other parts of the world don't have the convenience that European based students do, because England is so close and accessible. I hope the attendance breaks last years record and I hope I can make it!
                      Anthony S

Western USA

http://elitechikung.com/

Visit Anthony Spinicchia’s web site with information on qigong healing.

His book, The Wonders of Chi Kung:Unlocking Glowing Health and Vitality, 3rd Edition, can be found by clicking here

The e-book edition can be found at www.amazon.com kindle store

Comment

!!!! WOW !!!!

Dear Siheng Robin,

Thank you so much for organizing yet another Course of history in the making!!!
                        Bagua Zhang!! I will so try to be there if accepted! This is just amazing, great news!

Comment

Uuuups Bagua Zhang! Robin Bro, you wanna become a taoist saint?
                          "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
                          Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

A-may-zzzzzing

Looking forward to seeing old and new friends and family there this year. Arundel is great, the course looks great and I cannot wait to participate.

Brilliant!

Rich
                            ++ smile ++ from ++ the ++ heart ++
                            Rich Denyer-Bewick
                            you can connect with me on: Facebook (personal/social), Linkedin (professional) and Twitter (a bit of both!)

Comment

Hi Guys,

Big Brother Roland!

"Wudang, Wudang....Wudang!"

Rich is great to have you coming again!

Tim we'd like to see you again too!

Best

Robin

p.s. People are now registering for the 'Full Contact' competition too... Who else will step up for the challenge?

Comment

Working...
                              X