Help Sifu Wong with his Web Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Sipak Anthony,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to contribute to this. Unfortunately I have no website design/maintenance experience. However, I am organised, reliable and am also more than happy to learn new skills to assist if required. If you feel I can assist in any way it will be a great honor for me.

Kindest regards

Martin Sijat.

Comment

Dear Anthony Sipak and Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Having worked in this area for many years it would be a great pleasure to help wherever help is needed as I mentioned in my PM.

To me Sigung's website was and is a great inspiration. It is another illustration of how a scholar-warrior exceeds even in areas beyond his main area of expertise. Sigung's website, in my opinion, easily beats fancily designed corporate websites. Why?
      Because it is updated frequently. There is always something new to discover - either through the highlighted links at the bottom of the page or an eye catching information on the home page. And of course there are the Q&A which I guess I am not the only one to await eagerly. And what else is the secret of a top ranking website other than making people want to return frequently, maybe even daily . It would be a great asset if this aspect of the site could be maintained.

With respects to the design I believe the site lives from its content and thus does not need to be fancy. Using a simple HTML/CSS based site (as the current one) as opposed to more advanced techniques also means that it can be maintained without too many specialized skills if needed. This might be an argument in favour of keeping it simple .
      A first step (before changing the links) might be to decide whether the site structure (folders, access etc) and the navigation should be changed or maintained.

Andrea
      Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
      Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, both public and private. I'll respond in more detail soon, but let me just say that, so far, I agree with Andrea's assessment. A simple HTML/CSS approach is what I am currently envisioning. Although I hope that he will not need to do so, I want Sifu to be able to edit any page on his site. If anyone has a good argument against using HTML/CSS, then I'm willing to listen.
        Sifu Anthony Korahais
        www.FlowingZen.com
        (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

I don't know how to make computer elves and fairies dance. But I'd be happy to make cookies while you're working with cookies .
          有志著事竟成

Shaolin Wahnam Twin Cities

Genuine Shaolin Kungfu and Qigong in Minnesota
          https://www.shaolinwahnamtc.com/

Comment

My best wishes

Hello everyone,

I don't have anything to contribute regarding the technical aspects of the project, but I wish everyone that will be involved the best of luck. I'm sure the result will turn out great.
            Could someone direct me to mental clarity? I can't see through all this fog.

Comment

I'm your man! :-)

Hi Sihing Anthony,
              I'd love to work with Sifu's site.

I have a degree in computer science, and I have learned a lot on my own

a. creating my own website:
              www.allowingtheFlowOfLife.com.

b. and also the extreme beta version of the new layout I am designing with css:
              http://www.allowingtheflowoflife.com...taversion.html

Besides the relative vs. absolute links issue, are you planning on changing the table-based layout of the site, or just making little changes here or there?

You asked about a way to change absolute links to relative links. Could you write some kind of script to feed the pages through that will find the links and chop off the "http://www.shaolin.org/" part, rather than doing it manually? I am sure the work you put into writing that little piece of code could save you hours of manually changing links, and would be useful for the future.

You may even be able to find a script on Google...

I have a passion for working with websites, so add me to the list of people willing to help. Please let me know if you have any questions :-)

All the Best,
              Alex
              "Take a moment to feel how wonderful it feels just to be alive."
              - Sifu

Comment

website

Hi Anthony,
                I haven't met you but Ive used HTML building websites and know a good bit about databases having updated sites with them before.
                If you think I can help in any way just let me know

Comment

Hi Anthony,
                  Have you resolved this yet? I'd be happy to help.

Alex
                  - Sifu

Comment

I just checked out the new site design. It's remained relatively unchanged since I started reading Sifu's Q&A's in '97, so congrats due to all parties involved in rolling out the new layouts!

Comment

Yes the new layout is interesting and more friendly.

Thank you to all that were involved in this project...

Comment

I see it is delightfully CSS friendly. Which means it will be much more flexible and probably will last another 10+ years
                        - Sifu

Comment

Slick!

I love the revamped slick new look of Sifu Wong's website and the user - friendly navigation. The whole layout looks really neat. The photos look better with the new colour scheme too. Well done and congratulations!
                          ada

Comment

Congratulations to all involved in the project to revamp Sifu's website.
                            Jeffrey Segal

Comment

Congratulations for the new layout, it´s refreshing and very attractive!

Greetings,
                              Daniel Pérez
                              http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

Great job all.As i've said before,there is a lot of talent in this school.Warmly Gusty

Comment

Working...
                                X