X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to follow but - please can someone explain this to me:

Darran goes on to say:

Quote:
    I shall continue practising what I have learned, and indeed I shall treasure it for Chi Kung is a supreme gift.

Doesn't this mean that Darran is actually still a member of the school?

Smile

Racheli
    Enjoy your journeys,
    Racheli Wittert-Ashur

"There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." Leonard Cohen

Comment

Dear Racheli,

Originally posted by Racheli View Post
      Doesn't this mean that Darran is actually still a member of the school?
      No

All the best,

Comment

Dear Charles

Dear Siheng Charles ,
        Wonderful to hear from you Charles , in fact hasnt even been 2 years since we last met i know it feels like a long time , i have that effect on people!;, The amazing Small Universe course was our last meeting and what a wonderful 3 days that was im sure you will agree,

To answer your question , i had just read Darren's post on leaving Shaolin Wahnam and i was abit shocked as to how he could have come to that conclusion. I just didnt understand and was concerned that others may feel the same ,thats why i asked people to reread Sifu Emiko's advice again and not to make silly descisions. I have had many heated debates with my seniors over the years at courses and enjoyed them, never once did they come to acrimony or the thought of leaving. We in Shaolin Wahnam share a very special and privileged relationship each other, through Sigung and The Arts we have a powerful common bond , which can easily be felt at any course Sigung teaches, so naturally i felt "disappointed" at Darren's choice to leave with no good reason. Hope this clears my post up , and thank you for questioning it as i understand the whole situation alot better now !!.
        many happy blessings chris
        Zen is the Pure Land and the Pureland is Zen

Comment

Dear Chris

Dear Chris,

First of all, thanks for correcting my mistake. Obviously my attention was elsewhere when I wrote that: lesson learned. My apologies.

Secondly, thanks for clarifying your meaning:

naturally i felt "disappointed" at Darren's choice to leave with no good reason
          I hope this thread will help people realize that it is possible to have healthy and positive questions and discussions about our chi kung fu and related issues, that it is quite simple to find a way to positively express doubts or confusions or annoyances without violating our Shaolin code of conduct.

Personally, however, I have found that questions I have regarding our practice and family are resolved through my own practice, patience and growing insight.

Enough!

It's a sunny Sunday in Dalian and I'm going for a walk with the family.

All my best to you and yours.

Yours,

Charles
          Last edited by Charles David; 14th December 2008, 10:02 AM. Reason: add bold
          Charles David Chalmers
          Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Dear Racheli,

To elaborate on Darryl Siheng's correct and concise answer, here is a slightly more detailed answer.

Even if Darran continues to practice Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung he is no longer a member of our school. Any student who publicly denounces us, or declares that /she is no longer a student is no longer welcome to attend courses with Shaolin Wahnam, and forgoes any privileges of a Wahnam student.

Let's look at an analogy: If a student leaves Harvard Law school, she can, of course, continue to read her textbooks. She cannot, however, attend classes or expect to receive her former professors' help.

Should Darran have any questions about his chi kung practice, though we may consider helping him, it would be a low priority. Why? Simply put, Darran has proven himself to be ungrateful, and we have more important things to do than help ungrateful people who have denounced us. Personally, I would be unlikely to accept a lunch invitation with Darran. Though I harbour no rancour against him, I simply have higher priorities.

Why then, do we continue to have Steve and Darran on our forum? Because, although they have broken our Shaolin Laws, they have not violated any of our forum rules, and so banning them would be vindictive.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Yours,

Charles
            Last edited by Charles David; 14th December 2008, 10:01 AM. Reason: add bold
            Charles David Chalmers
            Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Dear Sihings,

Thank you, now I understand.

Still, it is very sad to lose members of our family.

Take care,

Racheli
              Enjoy your journeys,
              Racheli Wittert-Ashur

"There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." Leonard Cohen

Comment

Originally posted bz Racheli:Still, it is very sad to lose members of our family.
                Dear Racheli,
                You dont have to be sad about that. Finally everyone is responsible for his own decisions.

Sifu always emphasises that our school is a traditional school. With traditional values, traditional views and traditional moral codes.

We are not a rehabilitation centre, where we try to change ungrateful people into angels. We are also no missionary service which tries to convince the people about the effects of our training.

After a reasonable time one has spent with our Arts, one should have enough internal force and have nourished enough his spiritual roots to appreciate what he is able to learn. or not.

It is good that ungrateful people leave by themselves, rather than beeing told to leave. That is a natural way of development. It is better that One leaves by himself, saving a lot of time for the Institute and finally for him/herself. Everything else would be a waste of time for both, which is far away from the effective.
                "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
                Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Dear Sihing Roland,

You are a very kind person!

Yes, everyone is entitled to choose their own path in life and I wish whoever leaves our school and family all the best and also (what can I do I'm only human…) I feel a bit sad for their decision, their feelings and their loss.

I hope you had a great birthday and thank you for taking time to answer my post.

Racheli
                  Enjoy your journeys,
                  Racheli Wittert-Ashur

Comment

Working...
                  X