Scholar Warrior Newsletter is DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scholar Warrior Newsletter is DEAD!

LONG LIVE THE SCHOLAR WARRIOR VIDEO NEWSLETTER!

Forgive me

I've been busy working on a project that has proved to be a real pleasure. You can view the results of my work by visiting: www.shaolinchikung.co.uk/scholar/

If you are already a member of the Scholar Warrior Video Newsletter (or SWVN) then you will already have received the password to access the contents.

For those of you who haven't joined yet (what's the matter with you) I'll give you a free go. The password is: scholar

I'll be changing it next month, so if you like what you see and want more of it visit: http://www.shaolinchikung.co.uk/free.../freebies.html scroll down and enter your first name and e-mail address. I promise you will only receive information from the Shaolin Wahnam Institute. I hate spam and I don't want anyone getting e-mail from me that doesn't want e-mail from me.

Glad we got that covered.

Enjoy the videos and if you have ideas for the content of future videos, please let me know.

Kindest regards

Marcus
    Namo Amitabha Buddha Namo Amitabha Buddha Namo Amitabha Buddha

I was going to start a topic but then saw this thread

Wanted to say great work Marcus, I find your videos are quite helpful. Keep it up!
    from the ♥

Comment

Markus Siheng,

Brilliant! I am already looking forward to the next one. The whole family gathered around the computer to watch the first one. Now for a cup of tea and a family practice session. Ah, life is good.

Still,

Cha Cha
      Charles David Chalmers
      Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Siheng,

I've watched the first video and I do like the new format. It's good to see your open heart and sincerity traveling via video.

Mark : )
        少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Marcus Siheng,

I thought I wouldn't like it . Slight prejudice against videos - I like to dictate how much time I spend reading and be able to re-read relevant bits and ponder over them while skipping bits not relevant for me at the time. Also I like to skim through it when it arrives and then look again in more detail when I have more time.

BUT....

I really enjoyed it

Knowing you already when I read the voice in my head is yours but it was much better by video - and for those who haven't met you I'm sure it will be good to put a face and voice to the words.

Another benefit I hadn't anticipated was my wife and I watched it together - that was never done with the old version (I would point her to articles I thought would find interesting) but this was a sharing experience.

Thanks for taking the time to do this and for your drive to improve - even when I'm sure you weren't getting any complaints about the old media.

Peter
          "Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day." Sally Koch

Comment

Well done, Marcus
            Jeffrey Segal

Comment

You know what?

I'm always really inspired when I hear of people who practice or share our Wahnam arts with their familiy. It must feel great to practice together. I would also hallucinate that a family that practices together help to keep each other motivated to develop and keep up a regular practice.

And we all know how important it is to practice regularly!

My wife Clare and my son Ollie have no interest in what I do and the rest of my family just think I'm a bit odd. These are not ideal conditions to develop a regular daily practice. So I'm lucky to have access to such a supportive Wahnam family that are as excited and committed to the Shaolin arts as I am

Thank you for all your kind words and I'm happy you've enjoyed the new newsletter.

Kindest regards

Marcus
              Namo Amitabha Buddha Namo Amitabha Buddha Namo Amitabha Buddha

Comment

Dear Markus Sipak

I very much enjoyed the new format. Great idea and very inspiring. As are the other videos on your site.

I am looking forward to the next one .

Andrea
                Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch
                Google+ :
                https://plus.google.com/+TaiChiChuanQigongWahnamZürich/

Comment

It seems that death is not so bad after all...

Sifu Marcus, about "to want"... Krystian Zimeman, classical piano master, says this:

"When I get up in the morning, I miss my piano so much that I go and see it and spend as long a time as possible with it."

Mastering any art is always the same. I wonder why classical piano is not taught that way. Piano masters always show how much they love piano and piano teachers never realize that to love is the main "technical secret"

Comment

Friendly, casual and assertively clear and to the point at the same time - I loved it!

Looking forward to the next one!

Thank you for sharing!

Piti

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post
                      ..and the rest of my family just think I'm a bit odd.
                      We should start a club.

Thank you for this Marcus Sihing, looking forward to future additions as well as the summer camp videos.
                      When one door closes, another one opens.

Comment

cool site

Hello Marcus

I was just a bit curious and visited your website. I like your statments about who do I work with a lot. Very inspiring. It actually helps you to separate goats from sheep.
                        I have been teaching quite a bit (not Shaolin arts) and perhaps I should had been more clear about with what kind of students I would like to work from the beginning :-)
                        thx a lot
                        .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`°irene°´¯`•.¸¸. ´¯`•.

---------------------------------------
                        “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”
                        Hafiz

Comment

Working...
                        X