X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWI Building Project!

February 2008

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Friends.

Shaolin greetings and I hope you are well.

The Shaolin Wahnam Institute of Ireland are now inviting students from Ireland and Internationally to join our first ever Shaolin Wahnam 200 club to help raise funds for the Shaolin Wahnam Institute of Ireland building project.

The Institute

The Shaolin Wahnam Institute will be a residential institute, where the profound and almost lost arts of Shaolin will be preserved and shared with many. These Arts are: Shaolin Chi Kung, Shaolin Kungfu and Zen meditation, the three treasures of Shaolin. Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan is, of course, a must also!

The benefits to humanity are immense. These arts can help overcome illness and maintain good health, increase energy, mental focus, mental clarity and spiritual development. Shaolin Kungfu and Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan training will ensure that you use the patterns you learn, in combat and the principles in your daily life enhancing everything that you do.

As you have seen and experienced for yourself, Shaolin Chi Kung is very simple, but quite profound in its effects. The world needs high level Chi Kung and it is my vision to build a centre where people can come and learn in a beautiful environment on a weekly, daily or monthly basis. A beautiful dedicated space honouring our Sifu and past Masters.

The Shaolin Wahnam Institute of Ireland 200 club means that the first 200 students (and their family members) to donate €120.00 will join us in a year long set of monthly draws in thanksgiving for their generosity. By donating just €120.00, members of the club are entered into 12 draws with cash prizes ranging from €1000.00, €500.00, €200.00 and €120.00. The €1000.00 prize is given out every third month and we are deeply honoured that the first €1000.00 has been generously donated by Sifu for the March draw.

Payment is simple.
    You may use the paypal option on

or send a cheque or postal order to: Sifu Joan Browne, Building Project, Mullin, Cordal, Castleisland, Co Kerry, Ireland - made out to ‘Shaolin Wahnam Institute Building Project’. Bank transfer is also acceptable but please email me for details of bank account number and SWIFT code - sifujoan@gmail.com

Once payment has been received (please include: Name, Address and Phone Number) you will receive confirmation of your entry to the draw. The first draw will be launched on March 25th 2008 and the subsequent last Tuesday of each month during the Killarney classes.

Please remember the draw is confined to the first 200 people, so early donation is appreciated. If there are more than 200 we will set up another members club, but it cannot operate until the members reach 200 in number.

All donator names (not amount) will be remembered on a special plaque in the large training hall of the centre and are sure to receive many blessings.

What way can you donate?

1) You may donate €120.00 as a single person for yourself.

2) You may donate as a family.

3) You may donate as a group e.g. in a class situation 10 students may come together and give €12.00 each and name the group e.g Dublin Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan group. Please decide and agree beforehand how any monies received from donation will be divided. You may decide to buy something new for your training hall or put it towards a Lion Dance course as a group initiative.

These are only some ideas, I am sure you can think of more and if you wish to share them, please feel free.

I am amazed at the wonderful offers of help and generosity already given and pledged. Thank you all so much. It is important to remember that this is YOUR centre also

Special thanks already to Sifu and to Siheng Wong Chun Nga who have been a tremendous help in sourcing beautiful statues of Boddhisattva Guan Yin and Boddhisattva Ksitigarbha. They are being carved as we speak!!!

This is a very exciting and fun time and I do hope you will join us in our journey and to continue the preservation of these wonderful arts.

Mile Bhiouchas!

Smile from the Heart

Joan
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Dear Joan,

I support you all the way, my donation is on its way

I am very excited about your center and wish you all the best. I am sure it will be a wonderful place for all Shaolin Wahnam Students.

Best wishes,
    Eugene

Comment

Dear Joan,

I'm delighted and honoured to be a member of the Shaolin Wahnam Ireland 200 club. (I've made my paypal donation)

If I win one of the monthly draws, please don't even think of sending me the money! It should stay in the building fund.

From the Heart,
      Last edited by Jeffrey Segal; 25 February 2008, 09:02 PM.
      Jeffrey Segal

Comment

Mile Bhuiochas!

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Friends,

WOW and AWESOME are two words that spring to mind

I am very humbled and sincerely appreciative of all of your openheartedness and love. Emails and PM's have been pouring in about one hour after I put the invitation for the 200 club up.

THANK YOU

I am meeting with the design guy tomorrow, and will keep everybody updated on the progress.

Smile from the Heart
        Joan

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
        GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
        ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Friends,

Below is the list of prizes for the 200 members club draw. Closing date for purchase of membership is on March 24th @ 5pm. If over subscribed, another 200 will be organised. All draws will take place on the last Tuesday of each month. Please also see note below:

Prizes:

March: 1st Prize €1000.00 (generously donated by Sifu.
          2nd Prize €200.00
          rd Prize €120.00

April: 1st Prize €500.00
          2nd Prize €250.00
          3rd Prize €120.00

May: 1st Prize €500.00
          2nd Prize €250.00
          3rd Prize €120.00

June: 1st Prize €1000.00
          2nd Prize- € 200.00
          3rd Prize0€120.00

July: 1st Prize €500.00
          2nd Prize €250.00
          3rd Prize €120.00

August: 1st Prize €500.00
          2nd Prize €250.00
          3rd Prize €120.00

September: 1st Prize- €1000.00
          2nd Prize- €200.00
          3rd Prize- €120.00

October: 1st Prize €500.00
          2nd Prize €250.00
          3rd Prize €120.00

November: 1st Prize €500.00
          2nd Prize €250.00
          3rd Prize €120.00

December: 1st Prize €1000.00
          2nd Prize €200.00
          3rd Prize €120.00

January: 1st Prize €500.00
          2nd Prize €250.00
          3rd Prize €120.00

February: 1st Prize €500.00
          2nd Prize €250.00
          3rd Prize €120.00

March: 1st Prize €500.00
          2nd Prize €250.00
          3rd Prize €120.00

Please note:
          As these draws are run within legal boundaries, each winner will receive his winnings by post. It is then entirely up to the individual to do whatever he wishes with the prize. He may use it to invest in further training within Shaolin Wahnam, buy one’s wife/husband or family a nice present, have a holiday, send it back to invest in the ‘centre’ in Ireland, a group may invest in a Lion Dance course conducted by Sifu at some stage or other group activity. The important thing is that it brings you fun and enjoyment.

As the series of draws begin on March 25th, the closing date for the first 200 members is on March 24th @ 5pm.

The list of winners will be announced here on March 26th and will also be contacted privately by email/phone. Each of you, who have already entered, will receive your ticket number by email/text over the next week. Please keep this number in a safe place.

The design plans are being drawn up at present and will be available by March 31st! I will upload them here and to my website so that you may all see what the centre will look like!!

Have a wonderful day!

Smile from the Heart
          Joan and the Shaolin Wahnam Ireland Building Project Committee.

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
          ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

200 club

Dear Shaolin family and friends

I would like to thank Sigung for his most generous gift to the 200 club building project, it is a wonderful injection of chi to the dynamic of this project.

In selling tickets for the 200 club I have found that it is a wonderful way to bring awareness of Shaolin Wahnam into the community. I have focused on selling family and syndicate tickets finding that it can raise our profile in a fun way. We all know how effective it is to have groups of people all focused on the same event at a certain point of time. The flow of good chi is phenomenol.

Events like these can promote more interest in Shaolin Wahnam in a very low key way to people, who may otherwise not have had the courage or confidence to walk into a class. It challenges me to be accountable when people question me with doubt about the profundity of the Shaolin Arts.

So,on pay day, my work colleagues are pooling together to buy a ticket. It is generating great camaraderie, as we study the ticket with the Shaolin Wahnam logo, and discuss how we will spend the proceeds. I think that the money allocated to prizes is an important channel of outflow for creating a greater inflow of money into the project as a whole.

So good luck to you all

Maria

If you now the great and precious, where can you go and not succeed?
            "Just enjoy life wholesomely" Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Dear all,

Happy to say I have just bought a 200 club ticket for my fiancee, while supporting a great cause I am also being kept in the good books for a while, thanks Sifu Joan.

Comment

Dear Joan Sije,

Congratulations on your inspiring vision. The project looks wonderful and I wish Wahnam Ireland every success. Naturally I am looking forward to spending some time there when the project comes to fruition.

I hope that our small donation, on behalf of The Chalmers' Family, will help speed along the project.

With Respect,

Sidai,

Charles.
                Charles David Chalmers
                Brunei Darussalam

Comment

hi joan,
                  do you need any builders? Jez and me are a mean brickie team, can we be of any help, or is work bieng done by big contractor?

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Thank you all again for your generosity, kindness and help with our vision. Indeed, the vision is becoming more of a reality each and every day

Davie

hi joan,
                    do you need any builders? Jez and me are a mean brickie team, can we be of any help, or is work bieng done by big contractor?
                    Wow, thank you so much, this is wonderful. How open hearted of you both!

At present, the design guy (when completed) will be in contact with the commerical log compay who will build. BUT................extra hands are always needed and appreciated. We see a lot of brick work, so Davie from this moment you and Jez are on call!!!

I sincerely from my heart, thank you for your very kind offer. AHH tHe excitement builds........

Smile from the Heart,
                    Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

First Draw April 29th 2008!

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Friends

We have decided to hold the first draw on April 29th as many people have sent money by bank transfer in the last few days and it will not be through by tomorrow night.

So you have an extra few weeks now to join or help if you wish

Please email me sifujoan@gmail.com or PM for the bank transfer details.

In deep appreciation,

Smile from the Heart,
                      Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                      ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Civil Engineering too!

Joan, to echo Davies offer I work as a civil engineer and will be happy to give any help I can especially with drainage or technical queries.

Best Wishes

Niall
                        "The first step in learning is respect for the teacher"

Comment

It gives me a wonderful feeling inside seeing all my brothers and sisters coming together to offer their support for the institute! Be it a message, offering of skills or purchasing a 200 club ticket.

My family will be purchasing a ticket shortly and my mother thinks it is a great idea for her workplace (a hotel in Galway) and the local ICA (Women's Guild) that she is president of.

I myself am going into work today to rally the employees of Tesco Killarney. We have a lotto syndicate already - the 200 club imho gives much better odds of winning a prize and with four or more people it works out cheaper than buying a lotto ticket for the month.

I just broke my nintendo wii which needs a new controller, so I'm going to try and give the luckiest ticket to my parents

Standing in the Shaolin Waham Ireland Institute, with it's beautiful surroundings and spritual interior. The lakes and mountains outside the windows - I will smile knowing I helped in some small way to bring this to Killarney, Ireland, Europe and beyond.

'...the bugle call has sounded - and they are coming...'

WSS to my brothers and sisters,

Peter.
                          Peter Clayton
                          Shaolin Wahnam Ireland
                          "Though one man may conquer in battle a thousand men a thousand times over, it is he who conquers himself that is the greatest of conquerors". - Dhammapada.

Comment

cheers joan give us a shout when things start moving and we will see if we can be free then. My girlfriend is due with twins in july so we will have to work it round that, but she has always wanted to go to ireland and loves the chi kung so there may be a way! all the best!

Comment

Dear Niall, Peter and Davie,

Thank you, support has been overwhelming and we are really excited.

Building will not commence for a while yet........although you never know!! So I will definately come back to you when we are more organised.

Thanks again, this is wonderful .............sigh of happiness and appreciation!!

Smile from the Heart,
                              Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                              ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X