No announcement yet.

Songs for the Scholar-Warrior Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs for the Scholar-Warrior Project.

Hello everyone,

Following on from Sifu's announcement of 'Becoming a Scholar-Warrior' I will give you some details of what is required.

If possible, I would like all Shaolin Wahnam members to:

1) Submit two songs from your country which you think should be included in our Shaolin Wahnam song sheets. eg a folksong.
    2) Name the country from which the song is taken and if it is not in English, please supply a translation of the words of the song.
    3) All songs should reach me before 15TH APRIL 2003 please.
    4) My email address for this project is djbrowne@gofree.indigo.ie

I am sure that this project is going to be very successful and also very enjoyable for everyone. In Ireland we have many many songs depicting our history and culture, as I am sure do all of you from your own respective countries.

Singing is a universal language and a beautiful way of communicating. I look forward to receiving all your entries.

If you have any queries, please email me.

Enjoy
    Joan.
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Songs for Scholar-warriors

Hello Joan,
    This is my first post. I think I have some good suggestions for songs to sing. The first is "Song from Hope St.(Brooklyn, N.Y.)" by David Kitt, who is from Ireland (like you and me). It's a relatively new song, but I think it would be a good song in relation to the philosophy and beliefs of Shaolin. The second i would suggest is a song by Joni Mitchell called "Both Sides Now". This is a good song for sing alongs, and also has a good message. I know you can buy the music to both of these songs in any good music stores.

Jack

Comment

Hi Jack,

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your helpful suggestions, that is very kind of you and I have noted them.

For the Irish also, perhaps songs relating to Ireland itself - its history, culture and beauty would also be helpful. There are thousands to choose from. The same goes for any other country in the world.

Many blessings,
      Joan.
      Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
      GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
      ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
      THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
      X