Shaolin Wahnam Institute Video Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Wahnam Institute Video Clip

The first one is up, online on the Shaolin Wahnam Institute International website - www.Wahnam.org.

Regards

Dan
    Dan@Wahnam.com
    Shaolin Wahnam Institute

The link is broken.

Dan ,

I tried the link you posted and it must be broken.Because it says can't find server.

jeff
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    sigpic

Comment

Try www.wahnam.com

Look at the bottom of the main page.
      Sifu Anthony Korahais
      www.FlowingZen.com
      (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

sorry

I put an extra . at the end of .org to make it .org. so it did not work.

As Antonius said, www.wahnam.com will work.

Comment

Thank you both

Yeah the one Anthony posted worked.

Thanks!

jeff
          Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
          sigpic

Comment

New Video

Two new video clips are now available in the same section as the other one.

Comment

Techie Tip

I'm finding that the clips don't work if I download with Netscape, but they do if I download with Internet Explorer. Not sure whether this is to do with my version/settings, but if anyone has a problem they should try another browser.

Regards,
              Chris.

p.s. www.wahnam.com just gets better and better

Comment

Chris,

Netscape is probably missing the required plug-in to stream the videos. You can just download the videos to your machine (right-click on the video, then choose "save target as") and then play them in Windows Media Player.

Sifu Anthony Korahais
                www.FlowingZen.com

Comment

Sifu Korahais,

Thats exactly what I did I also upgraded my media player. I checked this with the new clips just before I posted my message, and sure enough downloading with Netscape then trying to play the clip I get an error, but downloading with IE and trying to play the clip, it works. Some kind of background conversion going on perhaps.

Just thought I'd post that in case anyone else is getting a problem.

Thanks for your help.

Chris.

Comment

Chris,

Please don't call me Sifu. I am not your instructor, and you are already Sifu Wong's student, so it's not really appropriate, let alone necessary.

To be perfectly honest, I don't even want my own students to call me Sifu. As far as I'm concerned, there is only one Sifu in this family. The idea of taking the same title as my Sifu does not agree with me at all.

Nevertheless, I must do as Sifu says, and he says that my own students should call me Sifu. Technically, it is appropriate. After all, I am their teacher, so I am "Sifu" to them. I will do as I am told, but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

You are not my student, so please dispense with the formalities. "Anthony" will do just fine, unless maybe you prefer "Damn Yankee."

Sifu Anthony Korahais
                    www.FlowingZen.com

Comment

Apologies

My utmost apologies to anyone I've offended.

I thought that as Antonius was a teacher I should address him with that title. This was not intended as a slight to anyone, and is down to my ignorance.

Sorry, Anthony. Thank you for the correction.

Apologies,
                      Chris.

Comment

Egg on the face

No worries Chris, we have all made mistakes and if the Damn Yankee doesn't like it, then we'll give him a damn good thrashing and make him eat teabags!

Damn Yankee, I also thought long and hard about being reffered to as 'Sifu' - one mail application even had it. The whole point of these arts is that we dont pick and choose what we follow, we trust and obey.

For an example (as ever now) when I was first promoted to Manager, I was everyones friend at the begining. This made it harder later on to be their boss as I was 'one of the guys'.
                        Last edited by Darryl; 25th February 2003, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Darryl,

Well said. I understand your point. Nevertheless, the fact remains that I am not his Sifu.

Chris,

You certainly didn't offend me, and you don't need to apologize.

What you did was actually correct in spirit. You were being polite and chose the title you thought was correct. In Kungfu culture, it is almost always better to err on the side of being polite. Such behavior does not go unnoticed.

The title you chose was technically incorrect. I am not your Sifu. If you become Dan's student, then he will be your Sifu. In that case, I will be your Sipak (teacher's older brother), and Sifu Wong will be your Sigung.

The terms can get very complicated and confusing, which is why I don't expect people to get it right every time. Nor do I expect people to be formal all the time. I'm very flexible.

Technically, Dan, Andrew, Darryl, and others should call me "sihing" (older brother), but it's not necessary. I would never demand such formalities. Sometimes they do call me sihing, like when they want something , but usually, they just call me Anthony, or Yankee.

If you, or anyone else, has questions about titles, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to clear up any confusion.

Sifu Anthony Korahais
                          www.FlowingZen.com

Comment

Working...
                          X