Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argh!!!..............Don't mind me i'm just letting off steam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh!!!..............Don't mind me i'm just letting off steam!

I think the problem is that too many striking arts believe the hype that's spread throughout the karate/kung fu style arts.Yes my Sigung Grandmaster Wong Cheung Was known throught Hong Kong for his fighting prowess.That does not mean my Sifu or myself are going to be good fighters!

What made Wong Cheung a "Great fighter" was that he trained for combat daily.He sparred using his techniques not just kickboxing.Everyone that met Wong Cheung says even while standing and talking to someone he would be doing some type of training.Whether he sat in a horse stance while others sat on benches or doing hand conditioning by just punching his hands into his fists.He was always doing something.

Those things are what makes the difference in using your kung fu effectively in a fight or ring.Many ppl look like they have power but really don't.When i met my sifu the first thing he said was to punch him as hard as i can in the chest.I did it did'nt even move him.I tried again and nearly broke my wrist in trying.With a wave of his wrist my sifu sent me flying as if i had been hit by a truck.

That type of power is what's lacking from most within the striking arts world.That does'nt come from lifting weights or doing some sort of power building routine.That comes from serious training and knowing how to bring out your power in your strikes.Too many ppl think they are really doing something when they practice forms over and over.What good are the techniques in a form if you don't know how to use them?

I really wish many ppl trained like we train.My sifu teaches us the exact way Wong Cheung taught him.I always hear ppl say that the 1 hr we spend in horse stance is not needed in these days.

Why is it that ppl don't think we need to train that way anymore?

That kind of thinking is why most ppl's kung fu "sucks!" Everyone is looking to cut corners on their training and then wonder why their kung fu fails them.In Black Tiger we are known for two things.Our many different training dummies and our brutal conditioning drills.Now that i've seen what i was lacking in my kung fu i would never train any other way.I've been in martial arts now 22 yrs 18 in kung fu,but it's only the last three yrs of my training that i count.

Three yrs ago i started Black Tiger under Master C.Kuen Woo (Fred Woo).That's when my martial arts journey started.Not because my other sifus were bad because they were great,but Sifu Woo opened my eyes and made me see what real kung fu looks like when your are trained in the old school ways.Not many ppl get to see this because their teachers have to keep a school running and need to have students.

My sifu teaches me for free and excepts nothing less than perfect.He does'nt need money he needs real students that are willing to learn the proper way.I guess there's not many of those type of students around? Because it's only two of us training with sifu.Most ppl quit within 30 minutes of comming to train for the first time.They say my sifu is too tough.

Well i guess when Bubba John Doe is trying to kill them or beat their brains out.They can stop and say "Hey Bubba" that hurts you're hitting too hard ,and he'll stop beating them or hit a little softer.

Well i'm not going to let Bubba have my life in his hands.People have to understand that it's martial arts it was used in combat " It works People!!!" It's us that's letting kung fu down! Not kung fu that's letting us down.

Well that's my rant for the yr.

I really wish everyone would wake up and smell the flowers,but more than that.See the light that gives life to those flowers.

jeff
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    sigpic

We don't mind you at all ... at least I don't.

I think many here will actually share many of your views.
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

well said Jeff

I don't mind you're ranting
      Rory

"The holistic training of Shaolin Kungfu with Chi Kung makes one physically fit, emotionally stable and mentally fresh: if one is not physically fit, one can hardly fight; if one is not emotionally stable, one cannot apply one's combat skills; if one is not mentally fresh, one cannot make split-second decisions."
      Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit (Sigung) - The Art of Shaolin Kungfu

Comment

Working...
      X