Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tai Chi Chuan course in Zurich.

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to share with you some of my experiences of the Tai Chi Chuan course in Zurich at the weekend.

The course emphasises the internal and martial art aspect of genuine Tai Chi Chuan practise. We started with Wuji stance and immediately had a beautiful chi flow. We then practised other stances and in particular the Three circle stance which is practised in Tai Chi Chuan training to develop internal force. Sifu then taught 'Grasping sparrow's tail' which is used as a combative technique against common attacks, this we put into practise effectively with each other.

One of the highlights of the course for me (and there were many) was watching Javier, who is one of Sifu's senior students and instructors in Spain, perform the Chen-style Tai Chi Chuan set. It was simply a joy to watch, Thank you so much, Javier. The performance was quite different to what I have been used to watching on TV or videos and there wasn't any mistaking Javier's internal force or combat ability.

So now I practice and practise and enjoy this great martial art.

Thank you Jeff for organising everything and thank you Sifu for your generousity of teaching.

Many blessings,
    Joan.
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Hi Joan,

I've never seen Chen Taijiquan performed before. Can you kindly give me a description of the Chen style's general characteristics?
    I'm interested in taking chen taijiquan lessons.

Best wishes,
    Stephen

Comment

internal force

Hi Stephen,

It acutally wasn't because it was the 'Chen style 'that it was a joy to watch, for me, it was the 'internal force' aspect which made the difference. All of Sifu's senior Tai Chi Chuan students have this in their practise- Javier, Atillio, Ricardo, Gorge, Jeff and many more. For me it changed whichever set they performed from 'dance like movements' to a martial art, although I think that the Chen style is best known for its martial aspects as it closely resembles Shaolin Kungfu in its demonstration. Having finished a set, each and everyone of them were all very very relaxed and fresh.

Finding a Master who teaches' internal force' is quite difficult, but in my humble opinion it is well worth the search, especially if you are serious about learning genuine Tai Chi Chuan in whatever style.
      I believe that whatever you learn, if you are going to devote time and effort at it, you may as well know for certain that you are practising correctly and not just wasting your time. The benefits of practising an art (any art) correctly, we will say for a year, far outweighs the benefits of someone who also spends a year, practising at a lower level. Although, your time may not have been completely wasted at the lower level, it could certainly have been used more efficiently and with greater success.

I would say that all of the new students who took various courses with Sifu over the weekend in Zurich experienced 'internal force'. Maybe some of them would be so kind as to share their experiences and thoughts with us on the forum at some stage.

In the meantime, Stephen, I wish you the very best in your training,
      Joan.
      Last edited by Joan; 16 March 2003, 01:33 PM.

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
      GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
      ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Joan,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have found a taijiquan master introduced to me by a friend. I'm very eager to start training and expereince the effects you have. I'm very glad of your results and experiences!

Currently, I am training on my own from Sifu's book. Please allow me to ask you a question. When doing a taijiquan set, do the patterns sometimes "move" your arms and body on its own accord, like someone is inside of you doing the form? It's happening to me more and more often now. Personally, I think it's chi moving me. Your response will be greatly apprecieated.

Best regards,
        Stephen

Comment

Hi Stephen,

I hope that you do not think that I am trying to avoid answering your question, but because I cannot observe what you are doing and can only rely on words, it would be very irresponsible of me to tell you for certain that it is 'chi' moving you. What I suggest is that you ask your Tai Chi Chuan Master, when you start training with him.
          I wish you the very best.
          Joan.

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
          ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
          X