Taijiquan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taijiquan

Thank you for allowing me to post. I am very grateful.

I currently am 16 years old living in New York. A few years ago, I purchased Sifu's book, "The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan" and I was absolutely amazed at the depth in which he goes into the art. I always thought Tai Chi Chuan was just some simple relaxing, dance for health. Now, of course, I know it is more than simply just that. Like sifu said, I, like most people uninitiated by masters, simply studied taijiquan, never really practicing it. I felt that I could spar with anyone from just by reading it. Of course, I was wrong.

Over the summer, I began to actually practice. I realized my mistake, though it took a long time. I practiced the Three Circle Stance during midnight. At first, I held the stance only for 3 minutes, sweating and shaking. After a month, I was completely relaxed. In Wuji Stance, my legs were trembling very violently. After another month, I held the stance to about 20 minutes. By then, I felt my body disappear! My arms didnt seem to exist at all! I felt energy rise up from my back to the back of my head. My legs were shaking violently.
    I practiced the Yang style set presented in sifu's book in a "qigong state of mind." Its kind of My experience was that there seemed to be someone inside of me, like moving my arms and legs to the right place. In other words, my arms would move to the exact place by itself. I just had to think about it.
    After a few months, I found out that I learned the combat application to the patterns subconsciously, without me knowing! My timing and reflexes seemed to have improved much as well.
    My academics has also improved much. My mind seems to be enhanced greatly. Also, a point between my brows seem to throb violently sometimes. Any comments on what is happening? I hope it is not a blockage due to unguided self-practicing.
    Blockage or not, I have to thank Sifu WOng Kiew Kit so much for his book on Tajiquan. He has indirectly changed my life. I feel more happy and energized and I'm loving life. I seem to be more luckier as well. Because I am in 11th grade, this year is a critical year for deciding college. I was stressed out, but my stress level has reduced greatly.
    I also found out how to Yi Jin Jing wrist exercise, or "Flicking Fingers." After each practice, I found my entire body swaying vigoruously. I find yi jin jing to greatly complement and enhance my internal power in Taijiquan.
    Sifu Wong Kiew Kit is truly the greatest man alive today. No one like him spreads ancient knowledge world wide to benefit everyone around the world. Thank you so much.
    -Stephen

Hey Stephen. Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad you enjoyed Sifu's books. It sounds like you got a lot out of them. You must be a good student to do so well on your own.

I wouldn't worry about the throbbing between your eyebrows. Though I can't be sure without meeting you in person, it is probably just a sign of your Third Eye opening. If so, then this is a wonderful breakthrough for you!

But don't worry about any of this. Just continue your practice as normal. If the throbbing becomes a little uncomfortable, just smile from your heart and relax.

If the sensation becomes sharp and painful, then please feel free to contact me at anthony@wahnam.com anytime. You can also post any questions you might have here on the forum. I'm sure you can get some good advice from the instructors here.

I should also mention that I have been authorized by Sifu Wong to teach here in New York City. Where in New York are you located?

Anthony
    Sifu Anthony Korahais
    www.FlowingZen.com
    (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Dear Antonius,

Thank you for the reply. I live in the suburbs, far away from NYC. Although I would love to attend your course, my parents will definitely not consent as I have too much school work and activities to do right now. Nevertheless, I hope to learn from you or Sifu one day in the future. That would be my greatest dream. Again thank you for replying.

Comment

You know where to find me.
        Sifu Anthony Korahais
        www.FlowingZen.com
        (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Working...
        X