Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wong Fei Hung Grandmaster Wong Cheung and Hak Fu Moon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wong Fei Hung Grandmaster Wong Cheung and Hak Fu Moon.

The great Hung Gar Master Wong Fei Hung is said to have learned Black Tiger directly from the creator of Hak Fu Moon Soo Hak Fu.My Sigung in turn learned Hung Gar from a disciple of Wong Fei Hung named Kwong Ken Chen.

He learned the "108 plum-blossom dummy" and the "9-armed grinder dummy." (The latter form is still extant and contains 72 techniques and 108 movements.) from Dr. Leung Shu Cha.

He then learned Dragon Pek Kwar from Dr. Fu Man (brother of Fu Cheng Sung of Iron Palm)

He then Learned Black Tiger from a disciple of the founder of Black Tiger Kung Fu Fung Wing-Pai.

Grandmaster Wong Cheung at age 8 had learned "Sam Chin", the Iron Wire Form, from his grandfather.

Sigung Wong Cheung aka Kut Shuin,was from Pun Yu county, Kwangtung province, China. He studied Chi Kung under Cheung Loy and Lee Kow ,and studied weapons under Pun Fei San, learning to use the 18 standard weapons and a number of others.

Just a little info on Sil Lum Hak Fu Moon.

jeff
    Last edited by hakfudisciple; 11 February 2003, 03:35 AM.
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    sigpic

Thanks for sharing that Jeff. Your lineage makes for impressive reading, you are very lucky. Good to have you aboard
    Marcus

Comment

Thank you very much.

Marcus ,

Thanks for the compliment.

I like to pass on info about Black Tiger because there is so little available not only on the net,but out there period.Many within this style have chosen to take their knowledge to the grave with them.My sifu along with a few of my sibaak's and sisuk's are trying to pass on the teachings of Grandmaster Wong Cheung.I along with my sihing have been chosen by my sifu to pass on the style also.

jeff
      Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X